20 Items Or Less

11 - antlers
12 - Bully sticks
13 - Soup Bones from the store. Then when Hudson empties them, fill them with food and put them in the freezer

14 - We got a Bumi in our BarkBox last week, Hudson likes to carry it around.

15 - Vinegar (I've become my mother's daughter)

DJEtzel

Before I start, I need to say that I am officially in love with Fran for posting that Molly Mutt Crate Cover picture.. I had never heard of the brand before... but I can already tell I am going to be hooked!! Huge blankets over crates just isn't cutting it anymore. haha.

In no specific order...

1) Star Mark Clicker

2) Plain old Stainless steel bowls in a few sizes

3) 3/8" Biothane leash

4) Bacon flavored Nylabones

5) Medium Kong Squeaker Tennis Balls

6) Chuck it

7) Bug off Garlic

8) Hyperflite Discs

9) Smart Bones

10) Prong collar

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
OMG Devan I adore those Mesamis collars. Beautiful colors - I can't believe they have turquoise AND teal! I was going to order Quinn a fox print collar from TCS next week, but those Mesamis are awfully tempting!

It took me awhile but I got to 20 items! Obviously none of these are absolute essentials we couldn't live without - but they are all items that I love, they make life easier, and I would go out of my way to replace them if anything should happen to the ones I have.

1) Vetericyn. My dog is constantly hurting herself. Vetericyn has cleared up scrapes, slices pads, to major wounds in a way that nothing else has.

2) Shedrow K9 Flex Wrap. See above. Holds its shape better than vetwrap and it is half the height, so good for dogs!

3) Mendota Slip Lead. I love mine! It's probably three years old, and get used as a tug all the time and is still in excellent shape. Super handy to have around.

4) Long Line. I have a 30ft cotton one (horse lunge line) and a 33ft biothane one. Love them both. Perfect for puppies and for when your English Shepherd loses her mind in the fall and becomes chipmunk obsessed.

5) Leather leash. I have a Paco but any thin, good quality leather leash. It's my go to for trips into town or obedience work.

6) Tag Collar. I have a Braid-A-Roo. I HATE having collars on dogs in the house so this is so perfect for me as it allows Quinn to still have ID on her all the time. Hers is so pretty to look at and very well made.

7) Rogz Collar 3/4". I bought this collar just as a mucking around type and I have to say I love it. It's held up beautifully for the past 3 years, is a really sharp color and it's reflective. It also has a locking snap. Perfect for hikes or if I just want to throw a light collar on her (vs her heavier leather ones).

8) Hurtta Cooling Coat. Quinn does not handle the heat well at all (and refuses to go in the kiddie pool), but I've noticed a big improvement in her ability to recover and cool down after herding on hot days.

9) Bowser Bed. I just think it's beautiful, thick, and super well made! Quinn isn't a fan of beds but even she really likes it.

10) Wahl Pocket Pros. Perfect for clipping toes and between pads.

11) Buddy Biscuits - the soft chewy ones. The Bacon and Cheese flavor is a favorite among all the dogs.

12) Orijen Freeze Dried treats. Another favorite - Quinn loves the boar especially.

13) Bumper. Quinn loves just a plain plastic orange bumper - although her Chuck It one is growing on her too.

14) Bungee Sheepskin tug

15) Antlers

16) Omega Alpha Probiotic 8 Plus. The only thing that has made a HUGE difference in Quinn's seasonal allergies. I don't think I'll ever take her off of this. She's also on their joint and oil supplements.

17) Travel bag. I hop from 2-3 households every week. Some kind of designated dog bag is a necessity for food, supplements, bowls, treats, medical, and toys. Quinn has the Martha Stewart one pictured, Ned has an Ariat one of very similar design.

18) Starmark clicker

19) Gulpy. LOVE! Off property, Quinn will turn her nose up at a bowl of water about 90% of the time. She loves her gulpy though.

20) Map My Hike. An awesome iPhone app for tracking hikes with the dogs.

Airn

Yay! I have greatly expanded my wish list. It looks like I really need a clicker and Chuck It. And a long line. And moar toys!

I think my SO hates Chad. Lol

Toller_08

OMG Devan I adore those Mesamis collars. Beautiful colors - I can't believe they have turquoise AND teal! I was going to order Quinn a fox print collar from TCS next week, but those Mesamis are awfully tempting!
They're wonderful! I should have added that I don't know what it's like to order them online or anything, as I've bought all of mine at dogs shows. And they are kind of boring with no fun prints or anything (a fox collar would be super cute on Quinn!), but I love how they don't seem to mess up my dogs' coats at all. And yes! They do have both of those colours which makes me super happy too haha. Dance has the turquoise one and Journey has teal.

I think they're similar to the White Pine collars people have mentioned in the past, but I've never actually seen those ones in person.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
They're wonderful! I should have added that I don't know what it's like to order them online or anything, as I've bought all of mine at dogs shows. And they are kind of boring with no fun prints or anything (a fox collar would be super cute on Quinn!), but I love how they don't seem to mess up my dogs' coats at all. And yes! They do have both of those colours which makes me super happy too haha. Dance has the turquoise one and Journey has teal.

I think they're similar to the White Pine collars people have mentioned in the past, but I've never actually seen those ones in person.
They look so nice and soft! I bet a martingale would be really nice. They seem really reasonably priced too!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
1. Crates of various types/materials
2. Slip leads
3. Lupine martingales
4. Fetching Tags
5. Kongs (including the Wobbler)
6. Antlers
7. Long lines like woah
8. Treat pouches that stay open
9. Skineez/rabbit fur tugs
10. Squeaky tennis balls
11. RMBs
12. Dremel
13. Chris Christensen wood pin brush/randomly boughtscissors for clipping under paw pads
14. Cardboard boxes for hiding things in
15. PVC pipe and glue with appropriate cutting tools
16. Comfortflex harnesses
17. Rolled leather collars
18. Fleecy leashes and things for tugging
19. Forced air dryer
20. Wellness/Zukes/Blue Buffalo/Pet Botanics soft treats

SoCrafty

I'm finding this thread extremely helpful. Those of you who have that hammock thing for the back seat....is it used to secure your dog or protect the seat from fur and dirt etc.? Do you still have to use a car harness?

Saeleofu

I'm finding this thread extremely helpful. Those of you who have that hammock thing for the back seat....is it used to secure your dog or protect the seat from fur and dirt etc.? Do you still have to use a car harness?
Ever since those harness crash testing things came out, my dogs have been riding loose in the car in the back seat (or in Logan's case, the one seat that's flipped down in the back). It won't really keep a determined dog out, but it can help. I use it mostly to keep my dogs from falling in the crack between the back seat and front seats if I have to slam on my breaks.

Eventually, I'd like to get one of the harnesses that actually WORKS in the car.

SoCrafty

Thanks for telling me about the harness thing! I hadn't heard that. I will look into the hammock thing more - my seats are light gray, and first thing that popped in my head was that it would help protect them a little bit.

Both, lol. Well, less secure Hudson and more keep him from falling between the front seat & back. It does a really good job keeping the seat clean too

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
1. Nylon buckle collar
2. Cheap nylon lead (cause they drag them a lot I buy cheap)
3. Kong x-small squeaker tennis balls. You cannot live with Mia without these
4. metal food bowls
5. Starmark clicker (co much better than the other clickers I've tried)
6. Collapsible wire crate with double latches that you have to pull up before they unlatch. Mia opens crates with the simple latches.
7. Ziwipeak dehydrated raw dog food (treats)
8. Rip N Tug treat dispensing Lotus ball
9. IQ Ball (sanity saver)
10. Best bully stick's grab bag deals. I don't buy chews anywhere else
11. Food stuffable rubber toy (like a kong only we don't use real kongs because Mia has repeatedly gotten kongs stuck on her bottom jaw and freaks out. Stuff with canned food)
12. Dog beds/crate mats
13. Potty pads (yeah i know but I like them)
14. X PEN! Totally could not live without ours.
15. airline travel crates for the car
16. lid to use as a target
17. nail clippers
18. Pin brush
19. Thinning shears
20. Can I cheat? Supplements (joints), teeth sprays/toothbrush, flea and tick stuff, shampoo and spritzer (buddy wash)?

I need another 10 items.

Mostly to keep the back seat clean, although they are far more comfortable with the hammock in place because they have more usable space to lie down on.

I don't use a harness, either. Like Saeleofu, I've seen too many spectacular crash test failures to trust any of them and unfortunately my car is too small to crate them. So until I get a bigger vehicle they just ride loose in the back.

Airn

1. Nylon buckle collar
2. Cheap nylon lead (cause they drag them a lot I buy cheap)
3. Kong x-small squeaker tennis balls. You cannot live with Mia without these
4. metal food bowls
5. Starmark clicker (co much better than the other clickers I've tried)
6. Collapsible wire crate with double latches that you have to pull up before they unlatch. Mia opens crates with the simple latches.
7. Ziwipeak dehydrated raw dog food (treats)
8. Rip N Tug treat dispensing Lotus ball
9. IQ Ball (sanity saver)
10. Best bully stick's grab bag deals. I don't buy chews anywhere else
11. Food stuffable rubber toy (like a kong only we don't use real kongs because Mia has repeatedly gotten kongs stuck on her bottom jaw and freaks out. Stuff with canned food)
12. Dog beds/crate mats
13. Potty pads (yeah i know but I like them)
14. X PEN! Totally could not live without ours.
15. airline travel crates for the car
16. lid to use as a target
17. nail clippers
18. Pin brush
19. Thinning shears
20. Can I cheat? Supplements (joints), teeth sprays/toothbrush, flea and tick stuff, shampoo and spritzer (buddy wash)?

I need another 10 items.
Feel free to continue! I'm perfectly fine with adding to my Amazon wishlist :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.