Favorite canned foods, for kongs

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I've been hooked lately on the Evangers Chicken cutlet canned food, mostly for the novelty, and a few others for kong stuffing but I'd love to mix it up.

Suggestions? What are your favorites?

Saeleofu

If I used canned food for anything, it's usually the Evangers almost-all-meat stuff, or canned salmon/mackerel/tuna/chicken/whatever from the grocery store. We had a dog boarding who has the most awesome canned food ever, but I can't remember what it was called. It was actual hunks roast beef in actual gravy, with a few peas and carrots thrown in. I wanted to taste it myself. It looked and smelled REALLY good.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
If I used canned food for anything, it's usually the Evangers almost-all-meat stuff, or canned salmon/mackerel/tuna/chicken/whatever from the grocery store. We had a dog boarding who has the most awesome canned food ever, but I can't remember what it was called. It was actual hunks roast beef in actual gravy, with a few peas and carrots thrown in. I wanted to taste it myself. It looked and smelled REALLY good.
It wasn't Merrick? Some of their canned formulas, like, if it was a zombie apocalypse, I'd eat that.

Saeleofu

It wasn't Merrick? Some of their canned formulas, like, if it was a zombie apocalypse, I'd eat that.
I don't think it was Merrick, it was something I'd never heard of before. But I do like the Wing-a-ling from Merrick (well, I like it for the dogs, I haven't actually tasted it). I love the whole wings.

SaraB

I just use the Natural Balance, venison variety. It's the least smelly of all canned dog foods and doesn't smell like anal glands. Since my dogs get their kongs when they are at work with me, I can't have a smelly dog food.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I just use the Natural Balance, venison variety. It's the least smelly of all canned dog foods and doesn't smell like anal glands. Since my dogs get their kongs when they are at work with me, I can't have a smelly dog food.
Ya welcome!!

I am also a fan of the Nat Balance cans for stuffing. They're cheap (well, from us they are, not from Petco! o_O), don't smell like shiz, and not likely to cause the poos.

Also, their Wild Boar and Brown Rice smells like bacon. Legit. Siri says it's the best thing she's ever tasted, ever.

I find the pate gets stickier in the kong than the stews do, so I tend to use those.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Merrick has these canned foods that Merlin goes NUTS For.

This is going to sounds nuts but they smell and look like real food! :rofl1: Merlin goes crazy for the turkey dinner!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Merrick has these canned foods that Merlin goes NUTS For.

This is going to sounds nuts but they smell and look like real food! :rofl1: Merlin goes crazy for the turkey dinner!
I get free kibble/cans/raw every month at work and this month I was like...well, obviously I need to get Merrick Puppy Plate because....PUPPY! Right? Right. :p

And because I don't need kibble. Or raw. *sigh* darn dogs who eat nothing!

I usually do the stew/gravy type cans for Kongs, it seems to "pour" into the Kong better. I usually use Earthborn, Fromm, or Lotus, occasionally some Wellness or Halo.

I do a lot of freeze-dried Stella & Chewy's, Primal, or DNA in Kongs too - I stuff it in dry, and then run water through it for 10 seconds so it freezes harder.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I honestly rotate through whatever looks interesting. I tend towards the 95% meat deals and the grain free stuff, but I'll also do stuff with grain as long as the quality and brand are still good.

My dogs.. do not care, LOL. We are not picky here. But I still get some pleasure out of offering them variety and interesting stuff, so I do. But it's more for me than them. They see the kong and smell meaty canned food, and turn into zombies. LOL

Members online

No members online now.