How much do you walk your Husky

We were blessed with Kona my 3 year old Sib Husky she is great very calm and very content. I was walking here around 14 km a day but things are getting a little busy and only been able to go for 7 km walks I try to get her to pull a little for a work out but is this ok for her to only walk 7 km. I feel very guilty. I am going to start to walk more as soon as I can and the weather gets a little better.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
7kms is about 5 miles right? I would have said that she would be fine with 5 miles!!
You must be really fit!!!! 10 miles is alot!! :)

moe

I have alaskan malamutes they get about 5 miles a day, I know many people that have siberians that dont walk their dogs every day but get them out having a good run with bike or rigs for a couple of miles every other day and their dogs are fine with this amount of exercise, I would have thought 5 miles a day is plenty for your husky.

Mo

It sounds like enough to me, if she content. I know someone who has two Sibes and she takes them out to pull her on her skates 5-6 a week. I myself take my Collie mix (high-energy like Sibes) out for around 45 minutes or more a day.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I run my dogs 2-3 hrs with my sled and usually get three breaks to get drinks and rest.

Members online

No members online now.