Dog your dogs wear collars 24/7

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
When she's in the park, I usually have her in a... ok, I don't remember the name. A typical nylon collar with a thing that you push to open it. This way, if something bad was to happen, we could easily open the collar.
Quick release. :) And that is a good idea at parks/when playing with other dogs.

My dogs, no, not really. Collars mess up their fur. However, they can wear White Pine collars and not suffer any damage to their ruffs (Keeva esp has a thick ruff). Blossom also sports a fur saver pretty often.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Mine only wear collars when we leave the house/yard. The back yard is padlocked with a privacy fence, and I am always out with them anyway back there. When we have people visit I usually leave collars on them just in case, but we do have a baby gate set up so that they can't door dash even if they wanted to.

Snark

Mutts to you
My dogs only wear collars when I take them off the property. I am paranoid about them getting caught in the fence or a downed tree (the dog yard is about 2- 2-1/2 acres, half is heavily wooded) or someone's teeth.

Dogs6

Plus One
Tika, Diesel and Fudge wear their collars constantly. Tika and Diesel wear theirs so I can grab them quickly. They don't like other dogs and can be protective of the house so I need to be able to grab them.

Fudge wears his because it's so thin I can't see it and I love it. I think it's a 3/8" black biothane martingale with a brass chain martingale part. It also has ID on it. Since fudge tends to go everywhere with me that's important.

Aura, Scamp and Taz never really wear collars and certainly not around the house. Aura doesn't wear hers because I had a nice leather collar for her and Diesel chewed through it in 20 minutes. Scamp has a 1" collar and it's too bulky for him too wear 24/7, he looks very uncomfortable in it. The reason Taz doesn't wear a collar is that I lost his collar and haven't replaced it haha.

I want to get them all collars like Fudges though and they'll all probably wear their collars then.

MicksMom

I put collars on mine for their first walk of the day (they generally run out for a quick pee/poop break right after waking up without collars or leashes), and then take them off when we are in for the night. So they wear them maybe 12 hours a day.
Pretty much what we do. I take Caleb's collar off after "last call" each night. I hang it on the door knob, and put it back on when I take him out in the morning. I hang his collar on the back door when he gets a bath, too. That way, I don't forget to put it on when we go out.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Quinn varies. I just tend to put a collar on her when I need it for something. Then I leave it on for however many hours/days/weeks until I have some reason to take it off. She has about 3 collars and I just grab whichever one is closest.

She wears her RT most of the time atm though just to get used to it and try to prevent any suspicions about it.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
no, never. only for outings and only when a leash and me is attached to the other end. one girl is kenneled when im not home and the other is loose, but either way i am absolutely petrified of the thought of them getting collars hung on something, even if i leave them loose, knowing my derpdogs they would get it hung and then twisted tight and there goes the benefit of it being loose :yikes:

maybe if i had a breakaway collar i would consider leaving it on. or something so thin and flimsy and just for tags that it WOULD break if it got hung up on something. piece of twine, perhaps?

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Violet, yes. Which is funny because she is the one that got lost w/out ID lol. But she had gotten her tag stuck on something and broken the little o-ring that attached it to the collar.

Chloe, no.

I'm hoping to remedy both situations soon though, as I ordered Fraggle Rock biothane collars and name plates!! :D So excited!

elegy

overdogged
Right now, yes, because everybody is going out to potty on a tie-out since I didn't manage to get a fence up before winter happened. When I have a fence again, the BCs probably will not wear them at home. The red dog and the door-darting small brown dog will.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Roxie wears a collar all the time, except for bedtime. Just because, anything can happen and although she is chipped, I want her returned ASAP. Theres' also info on her tag just in case.

She's not a door darter, but she's fast and dog-selective. She also has allergies and is anxious, so that along with other info (like, "I was rescued!") is on the tag. I'm always scared someone will think she isn't loved or was fought (she looks like a "pit bull" to people who don't know, plus has scars on her face and legs from being attacked, running through bushes, etc) and not return her to me.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I may have answered this already, but no they don't. They are apartment dogs so they only wear harnesses/collars if we go out somewhere. To potty we slap on a harness and run out and take it off when we get back.

If we go somewhere like we just did to visit for a few days and they have a yard the dogs wear their collars the majority of the time, just because I don't want them to get out in an unfamiliar area and have no tags. I need them returned quickly.

Katem

When Bear was an only dog he wore a collar most of the time. I would sometimes take it off before bed since it was annoying if the buckle or tags rubbed against me during the night. Once Pig entered the equation everyone was naked unless we left the property. Pig's play style involves a whole lot of neck grabbing, so it just doesn't seem safe to keep collars on.

They did all have collars on in the house this Christmas though. We had a ton of people over, including my 3 month old niece, so I wanted to be able to easily grab a dog if necessary.

Members online

No members online now.