Stephy's midnight musings/updates

Twin_Dogs

You know what amazes me though. All these people who do not know intimate details of what all is going on (yes she posts alot of it but I'm SURE there is some she doesn't post either because its mundane or not something you would think about) know SO much about what she can and can't do. You don't know EVERY detail of someones life from the internet. Just sayin'
Or she could be posting things out of boredom. It's also not wrong to be skeptical. Woo is me IS a good excuse for laziness just sayin'

JessLough

Love My Mutt
my point is everyone saying its so easy. What about Romys example? How do we know she hasn't looked INTO cheaper. I'm just saying being downright mean to people because you don't know their reasoning is getting ridiculous.
Eh, I know quite a few people are not being any more rude to her than she is to them on either threads. Can't take it? Don't dish it.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
To prepaid we have been told a few times it would take a day or two at least.
If you kept your number or got a different one? When my dad list his old prepaid at the hospital I went out that day, got him a new phone, went to the hospital and had it ready to roll within an hour or buying it. Even if it is a day, if meant cutting the bill in half when there is no income at all, I think it might be worth it. If the phone gets shut off and she can't afford to have it turned back on having the right phone number on job applications isn't going to do any good.

Doberluv

I am still trying to figure out how Come this thread is about her phone. We are talking about a false friend.

Easy peasy don't clicky if ya think she is a liar . I happen to believe her and feel
For her situation. You don't , why come here and he snippy.

I know she has ruffled fur here ,but even if she did yall ripped on her in those threads.
So why keep coming back to be viscious. Bad form.
That's how I feel.

When someone is feeling so down and low, why kick 'em when they're already feeling rotten? I tend to want to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that when someone has been that depressed, has that much crap on their plate, naturally, they're bound to seem catty and say some crummy things about other people. Everything looks gloomy to them until they get sight of some light at the end of the tunnel. It's just because she feels rotten that she might have said a few lousy things. Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. But at this stage, I think anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Underneath what you see as catty or whatever... I see a shiny star....maybe young and missing some important points about life. But a nice person who just needs a little help getting picked up off the ground. Why not lend a hand instead of causing more damage?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

Stephy, at the end of the day YOU know your situation. You can either help yourself get out of it or you can wallow in it. the choice is yours. But YOU have to help yourself first before others can help you. You have gotten great advice and from what is posted it feels like it's all been completely ignored. If you won't help yourself, no one else can help you either. What may help threads like these from going the way they always do is posting what you are doing to help yourself. Along with the "this is the crap that happened to me today"... post the things you are doing to help get yourself out of the position you are in and then people can help you based on what you have been trying.

The lack of info on what is being done to improve the situation and the multitude of info coming in about how messed up everything is... well you can't blame everyone for believing that the OP is doing nothing to improve their situation.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
my point is everyone saying its so easy. What about Romys example? How do we know she hasn't looked INTO cheaper. I'm just saying being downright mean to people because you don't know their reasoning is getting ridiculous.
But see, sometimes things ARE that easy. I do feel for the OP and her situation, but she also seems like the Queen of Excuses. The only reason people know details like the cost of her phone bill is because she POSTS IT.

Doberluv

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
Walt Disney

Stephy, at the end of the day YOU know your situation. You can either help yourself get out of it or you can wallow in it. the choice is yours. But YOU have to help yourself first before others can help you. You have gotten great advice and from what is posted it feels like it's all been completely ignored. If you won't help yourself, no one else can help you either. What may help threads like these from going the way they always do is posting what you are doing to help yourself. Along with the "this is the crap that happened to me today"... post the things you are doing to help get yourself out of the position you are in and then people can help you based on what you have been trying.

The lack of info on what is being done to improve the situation and the multitude of info coming in about how messed up everything is... well you can't blame everyone for believing that the OP is doing nothing to improve their situation.
I think this is a good post. I would love it if you, Steph would try really hard to look at, talk about the positive things that you're starting to do as you work yourself out of your funk and try not to dwell on the bad things. Just like we do with our dogs....emphasize the positive. Even when you don't quite feel very positive, as it's been mentioned in other posts, sometimes if you just force yourself to look at, look for, try out finding positive parts to your day, your brain will start working that way more and more. ;)

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
When your so depressed it is hard to see any bright aide or improvement. And to talk of something that
Is not set in stone is bad luck. She has said she is looking and applying all around. She realized the work she thought was right was wrong and stopped . Even though she could have made plenty enough to have a place and vet her dog hack. But she took the advise and stopped. How can you all say she is not trying?

Red Chrome

OT- I use Boost Mobile. I pay that for a smart phone for paying my bill on time. Smart phones start at 60$ now but go down 5$ for every 6 on time payments. But other less phones cost less and you can get the bill down to $35 for unlimited everything.

I tried Straight Talk and feel Boost has better service. I carried my phone number over from ATT to straight talk and then boost. My phone always worked in the hour.

Im not saying she is lying, I am saying she has other opportunities available to make life easier. There are tons of jobs in her area, apply and call and call and make sure they know you WANT A job.

Doberluv

I just hate all the negativity that comes to these threads. Exactly Bogart. I think she is trying the best she can....doing what she can with what is in her. She needs building up, not tearing down so she can have more to draw from within her own self. She really doesn't need the harsh remarks right now. It's not enabling. You're not giving her anything to encourage "bad" behavior. LOL. At least not on purpose. But I will say that by kicking a dog when it's already down isn't going to produce great behavior or an environment that is conducive to learning.

Doberluv

p.s. not to say you're a dog Steph. LOL. You're actually very pretty. Well, wait! Dogs are pretty too. Okay, I mean...*tries to get foot out of mouth* what people mean when they call another person a dog. But you know what I mean, right....a metaphor wasn't it?:lol-sign:

Red Chrome

What she needs is a counselor, therapist and good real life friends.....not a dog forum of strangers.

Just as we have no proof she is lying about the situation, you have nnone saying she isn't.

I think she is lost and needs help. But posting on a dog forum isn't the kind of help she needs.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
So posting about positive future plans is bad luck BUT whinning about how awful things are is not at all. Oh.....
Since you think she is a liar , why are you here ? Does her post affect you ? (Grammer Nazis is this the right affect? Lol )

And yes broad plans are ok to post about . She has , get a job and get a place and get her dog back. I know people post threads on getting his or that job vibes , but I would never
Because I feel it would jinx it. Superstitious , yes but I don't care.

Yes whining as you put it is totally acceptable. A lot of people do , have you seek The venting thread? We are all whiners in there. :lol-sign:

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Since you think she is a liar , why are you here ? Does her post affect you ? (Grammer Nazis is this the right affect? Lol )

And yes broad plans are ok to post about . She has , get a job and get a place and get her dog back. I know people post threads on getting his or that job vibes , but I would never
Because I feel it would jinx it. Superstitious , yes but I don't care.

Yes whining as you put it is totally acceptable. A lot of people do , have you seek The venting thread? We are all whiners in there. :lol-sign:
Honestly, I think your way more bent out of shape about this phone thing than the OP is.....

Members online