I want to breed my dog

Elysium

Ha ha. Just kidding.

Ya'll scare me. I would never dream of breeding my dog but if I did, this is about the last place I'd come to announce it.

Just adding a little levity.

My fiance is a vet and I've seen the dogs that suffer as a result of careless breeding - and we certainly have more than our share of rescue dogs. But, please, I hope you guys try to temper yourselves and offer the clueless folks out there some support and advice.

OK, now flame on.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Elysium said:
I hope you guys try to temper yourselves and offer the clueless folks out there some support and advice.

QUOTE]

agreed

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Elysium said:
I hope you guys try to temper yourselves and offer the clueless folks out there some support and advice.

Amen. That's what we're here for anyways. I have to admit that it's sad that someone is scared though :( shame on Chazzers....

I was expecting my monitor to catch fire when I opened this thread. You bring up a good point and it really does an injustice to dogs that people are afraid to come in here and ask questions. I seldom post dog stuff in this forum, because I really dislike being lectured to by someone who isnt within arms reach. On the bright side though, there are many more people in here that offer truly caring advice based on dog welfare and not their own egos. People who know it all, refuse to be taught and they limit what they can learn by keeping their mouths open and their ears shut. Everyone in this forum has something they can teach someone else. I am suprized at how much I learn from less experienced people in my field of work. I am also pretty thrilled with the kids attitudes on this forum. They learn a lot because they are open to learning and as a result I have learned a great deal from them about many subjects.

bubbatd

I imagine that there are a lot of lurkers who have this " problem " and don't join to post. I agree we are here to suppost and advice.....not bash.

Fran27

I agree, but that people wouldn't dare announing that they want to breed on this forum doesn't seem like a bad thing to me... If they feel guilty about it, at least we managed something.

But yeah, once it's done, advice doesn't hurt.

Roxy's CD

I'm planning on breeding my two guys, the new 'designer dog' "Weilerobiepits", they're gonna be a huge hit ;)

I agree people shouldn't be bashed especially if the damage is already done, but I think we should try to dissuade people who are thinking about breeding their pets.

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Buckshot said:
I was expecting my monitor to catch fire when I opened this thread. I really dislike being lectured to by someone who isnt within arms reach.
Ha ha ha ha! I know theres been a few times I thought the same exact thing. Not necessarily here at Chaz though.
Its easy to put out harsh hurtfull words when you are protected by the internet.
Makes you wonder sometimes if the same peoples reaction would be the same face to face. I guess that would go for everyone though as we all have gotten heated about one thing or another over the net.:D

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Very true. Very true.

Unfortunately, instead of giving advice and stating opinions, bashing starts. On the one hand, it shows how compassionate people on here are and how much we care...but we have to think that changing someone's opinion will not happen by pointing fingers at him/her and starting to literally yell.
It's difficult at times, because we all just read and we read the way we want to...there is no mimic or tone of voice that can indicate that we don't necessarily mean it the way it sounds.

For example...I met a young girl at the dog park the other day who had husky/shepard/Akita mix or so and wanted to breed her dog with a friends's Rottweiler :rolleyes: I just thought my part until she asked me what I thought about that idea. I asked her, "Do you really want to hear my opinion?" After she said yes, I explained to her that I thought it was a really, really bad idea and explained the (for us) obvious reasons. I have no doubt that this quiet debate we had for about 20 minutes would have turned into a huuuuge fight on here....simply because we were face to face and not in front of a monitor.

So I think not only do we need to be careful with the way we write things....the other end also has to have in mind that things are maybe not meant to be that mean as we read them (or maybe want to read them).

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LMAo ROxy!! I hear its possible to breed fixed dogs now anyways lol

We are TOTALLY preparing a new string of "Belgian Shelties" as well.. lol

Oddly enough, I think they would be adorable lmao
No worries.. it will NEVER happen over here - our dogs are our life.

LOL Eylsium I like you already!

Elysium

I love it! Ya'll are much better sports than I thought!

Question, though: I want to breed my aggresive, hip dysplasia-ed great dane/rotttweiler/pit bull mix with an anxious, shy pomerian whom I got from a pet store. My friend told me that she and her friends wanted all the puppies and I'm thinking I can make at least $256,987 on each gorgeous puppy. I plan on putting them in a cardboard box outside in the winter with a couple of blankets thrown in for good measure. I haven't done a lot of research on it, but I did skim through a book once about breeding when I was buying rawhide chew toys and Puppy Chow at Petco. Do you guys think this is a good idea?

Maybe after the first litter, I'll start breeding my pom every heat cycle. That isn't bad, right?

;)

bubbatd

OK... now Grammy has a problem ! My new dog Ollie is a great dog... he's very young, but has a great bite and temperment ....I know he's a Retriever mix .... I'd love to breed him, but he's neutered !!! What am I to do !!

jess2416

Who woulda thought
bubbatd said:
OK... now Grammy has a problem ! My new dog Ollie is a great dog... he's very young, but has a great bite and temperment ....I know he's a Retriever mix .... I'd love to breed him, but he's neutered !!! What am I to do !!
LOL....Grammy you can breed him to Chloe, of course she is very cute....and I want a puppy just like her...

Ooops, I forgot she was spayed....:rolleyes: how silly of me

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
My mom was thinking of breeding sam when we first got her, but desides not to...I didn't really think much about it then, but now I do I'm sooo glad we got her fixed! man I would have made a terrible mistake, and I would also have to feel the wrath of chazhound...lol

Members online

No members online now.