Whats wrong with cavaliers?

Hi i have 2 cavaliers and just wondering why people dislike them, or dont get one?
is it because their health problems? or something?:confused:

From all I have seen on the sites I visit I think cavs are absolutely sweet. :) However, I have never seen one personally so there must not be many breeders in my area.

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Has someone personally said to you that they don't like cav's? I've not heard anything bad about them at all, it's just as Bailey+Ralph says, he/she prefers staffords :) Everyone does have a breed/type of dog they prefer thats all.

If someone has said something to you, then ignore them and enjoy your dogs for who they are:) and know that you love them and thats the most important of all

I have never heard anyone say they dont like caveliers... they are gorgeous dogs... try having a poodle:p Everyone says bad stuff about them;)

Enjoy your dogs they are gorgeous, as long as you love them that is all that matters.

Elissa

Toller_08

I love Cavs, but they just aren't "my" breed. I prefer Tollers and Belgians over all breeds so those are the ones I'll have. There isn't one breed out there for everyone :)

I considered getting a Cavalier a while back. They're great dogs, but I'm more of a medium-large dog person.

Chrissy&B

They look very cute, just not for me really..... I never wanted to have a dog that loves everyone ;). We did own a Labrador retriever and she liked every person that came alone (no exceptions) and I kind of get the same thing with most Retrievers and Spaniels, which just isn't my thing. I like my dogs a bit selective. I want them to ignore strangers and to be completely loyal to my family and my family only.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I adore the breed and really wish I could have one someday. They're awesome "little dogs" - they have attitude but they're not evil like *cough* a certain small dog I know.

Truly I have to say that my biggest problem with Cavaliers, outside of the insanely common heart issues, is their pricetag. I cannot afford $2500-3000 for a pet quality dog. :(

T

tessa_s212

They are absolutely adorable, but I am very active in agility, obedience, etc. I need a dog that is more willing to work. With more drive. :)

mjb

I did very much want one. I took several breed tests, and they kept coming up as the breed for me. I went to a couple small, local dog shows and started looking for breeders. However, the heart problem really scared me. I ended up getting a mix from the pound.

I think Caveliers are adorable! I have known quite a few that went deaf very early, though...I guess that could be considered a health problem. ;)

Pam

Zoom

Twin 2.0
They're my "useless lap dog" of choice...it will probably be a few years before I get one though. All my other dogs I think would just run roughshod over it and maybe it'll give the breeders some time to iron out those heart issues. We have a ton of them come into work and they are just adorable though!

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
At Riots show that we went to there were I believe 12 CKC spaniels there!
lol

that is QUITE popular.. up there with the Golden Retrievers.

So they are definately a "wanted Breed" lol

no worries

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I actually wanted one but uhh...my mom didn't lol. She says it's because of the health problems.

I am more of a big dog person though--boxers are my breed. :)

Members online

No members online now.