Weight Loss Progress Thread!

FG167

I am hoping to lose around 20 lbs, although I will be pleased with 10 and content with 15. My body is pretty dang stubborn. I am doing the Primal diet, mostly, I do eat a few things I should not. I am very active with my dogs and various sports (almost every single day) so I'm not adding specific exercise at this time.

One week into the life-style change and I'm down 3.5 lbs. Today my work bought everyone pizza and I'm not going to eat any, I really want the first 10 lbs gone before I even think about cheating or free days...

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I'm down to 163.8. Had a rough week last week and was up to 170 again, but I think that's cause it was shark week. Pretty happy with 163.8. I have no idea what my goal weight is, still... lol.

LauraLeigh

Way to go everyone!

Shay, I'll never make WW's "goal" weight for me, it's lighter than when I was a size 6 young adult! I am aiming for 160 and see how I feel...

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Way to go everyone!

Shay, I'll never make WW's "goal" weight for me, it's lighter than when I was a size 6 young adult! I am aiming for 160 and see how I feel...
I'm all about what feels healthy for me. I'm 5 foot 6, and I'm not a "small" girl. I'll always have shoulders like a football player. I'm always gonna be a farmer's daughter. So WW's "goal" weight for me (I don't even know what that would be!) isn't my goal at all. I am just trying to eat and live healthier.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Hahaha yeah, I don't have the bone structure to hit the 145.1 (yes point 1! lol) that MFP says should be my ideal weight. I'd have to remove a limb or be one of those skeleton anorexic people.

Dekka

Just try me..
Getting smaller still, but scale isn't moving much. Another 1/2 around the waist gone.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Weighed myself at work (dog scale, FTW) the other day for the first time in like...years. I'm excited to see what happens now that I am running on a regular basis and loving it :D

Dekka

Just try me..
If you do want to run, look into the running room's program. As someone who has fitted up horses and dogs I think their program is more reasonable for someone who is starting unfit.

FG167

Down 2 lbs... I seem to be on slow and steady track... I know that's best but I get impatient sometimes! LOL
Amen.

I only lost just over 0.5 lbs last week :( But, that's 5 lbs down the last 2 weeks...I just got engaged and need to do Save the Dates asap since we are doing a destination wedding but I really want to do photos after I've lost a bit more weight. Probably thinking about it like that is going to backfire on me...

Brattina88

LOL Renee... I like that one! ;)

So I just took the time to read through the thread. I swear I posted on here before, but I can't find it. I must be insane lol

I've been eating healthier since last October, just cutting back. No more seconds, no more sweets, stuff like that. Boy was that hard for holidays, I have lots of friends &family I call sabotagers lol.
In Janurary, I decided to kick it up a notch and kick out all of the fattening foods and no more pop, with one day a week being a "cheat" day... So maybe I have diet pop one day a week, but to be honest I rarely ever 'cheat'. I also started walking and exercising more with a friend, everyday.
I hit a plateau last month, it was very frustrating. I didn't want to cut back in the food department much more because I didn't want to feel like I am starving (I get accused of that VERY often) so I kicked up the excersise. Two weeks ago, I started the C25K again... this time last year, I could not get through week one day one without breaks. So far, it's going amazing :D

I wish I had better pictures, but to be honest I really dont like the attention lol. The only reason I am bragging today is because my Mom texted me "Will Power looks good on you" and I'm proud of you, and all this stuff. W O W

Soo... In Oct when I started this, I weighed 210lbs at the doctor, which was very upsetting to me. I was depressed and miserable, for many reasons but the weight just set me off. I hated myself. I was pretty much in size 16 jeans (hardly) and XL shirts
I go to the doctor Monday, so I will know a more accurate weight then, but the last time I weighed myself (couple of weeks ago. No I do not own a scale) I was down to 167.... which puts me down 43lbs :eek:
but more importantly (to me anyway LOL) is when I bought new pants today, I was in an 8. An 8?! Now... I am not trying to be braggy but I haven't been in an 8 since my freshman/sophomore year of high school :eek:

last summer

last weekend

last years graduation

this year (around the same time lol)

eww please excuse the paleness. I am practically albino until I get some sun this summer lol and then I just freckle, really

So, sorry to be braggy but I feel real good after my run/walk today... I don't really have a "goal", but I know I am not done yet :D woot!

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Wow, you look soooo good Brattina! Everyone looks gorgeous actually. :)

I only read a few pages of this thread. It's all over the place!!! But Renee and Dekka's posts about eating high protein & veggies and cutting out all carbs made me think... do any of you pay attention to your blood type diet recommendations?

I have never paid attention to my blood type. It's O+. Both of my full sisters have the same blood type. One is a personal trainer, and one is a model, and they're obviously both in VERY GOOD SHAPE! Like, perfection. They were both overweight as teens, but lost tons of weight cutting out carbs and eating lots of protein (meat, fish, and eggs mostly) and vegetables. I get disgusted by my sister's meals; she'll eat a giant bowl of plain boiled spinach for dinner and chicken. She eats a lot, but is in amazing shape. While I, on the other hand, am a vegetarian who barely gets enough protein, doesn't like most vegetables and eats mostly fruit and carbs. And I don't eat a lot at all.

When I found out I was pregnant, I realized I'd probably need to eat meat to get enough protein. I don't process soy products really well and tofu makes me sick, so I can only really eat lentils/nuts. I've been anemic in the past, probably due to being a vegetarian. OTOH I have very low cholesterol. My doctor did a blood test on me after giving me a sugar drink, and she said I don't process sugars well, so I should avoid carbs and sugar. Since I've been eating meat & vegetables almost exclusively I've lost weight - while pregnant! I looked up my blood type recommendations and it says that I'm supposed to eat a high protein diet of meats, eggs, fish and vegetables, as I have an ancient blood type apparently. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed correlations with their blood type and ideal diet?

Dana! You look beautiful! Not just the weight, your complexion, posture, everything. Radiant :)

Gonz, I haven't done the blood type (I don't even know mine, lol), but I do know my ancestry -- Irish, partly from the coastal regions (which means there's undoubtedly some Viking raider in there, lol) partly inland, which lets me know that my ancestors relied heavily on cold water seafood and cattle, filled in with game. Cold water fish is really the only kind of fish I particularly like, and if I don't eat enough red meat I feel ill. I don't like most beans, particularly, and starchy carbs like rice, potatoes and corn are just bad news for me.

Ditching gluten from my diet has taught me that I don't process it well either, but I suspect that's more due to the highly adulterated state of wheat crops and how overly processed most foods that contain wheat are than it is to a problem with real, unadulterated wheat.

So yes, I DO think your genetic makeup, whether it's DNA or ancestry (and the two are likely related) has a lot to do with what kind of diet is best for you.

Brattina88

oh geez guys you made me blush :lol-sign:

Erica - that is very interesting, to be honest I've never really thought about it that way. I am O+ as well, and I am anemic (take iron pills) and just this year was told Hypoglycemia. That has been a hard adjustment for me, eating more often. I could go all day without eating no problem, but I get headaches and confused and nauseous :rolleyes: I was told I don't handle sugars very well, either. The fast test didn't come back "right"
Definitely something for me to look into! Thanks for posting

Doberluv

AMAZING!!!!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!

You have every right to brag and show off your hotness! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! You're gorgeous! You should be very proud. And I bet you feel so much better! Way to go girl! :hail:

And congrats to everyone!

Members online

No members online now.