Addie's struvite crystals *update*

mkj2013

Her last culture came back no growth, but as of Friday she still had an enormous amount of Struvites.

Since there is no infection, do I just get her to drink a TON of water? Vet is saying she needs U/R or S/O food.

If she no longer has an infection, why does she have so many crystals? I'm worried about her developing a stone if I can't get rid of them soon!

Oh, and I've been floating her kibble in water, so she has been urinating much more at a time.

ACooper

I am glad she has no infection........that sounds good :)

I don't know a lot about much, but I do know that apple cider vinegar is VERY useful in urinary health. For cats, dogs, and people alike. Might I suggest trying to get a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in her everyday? Also, do some research on the apple cider vinegar subject and come up with a plan for your girls size/weight.

I've known people with cats who had crystal/urinary infection issues constantly, then went to an ACV regimen and the problems all but disappeared. Could be worth it to check into. Good luck!

mkj2013

She's actually been on that regularly for her tear stains, I haven't been on top of it the past few weeks though- I'll start again

Members online

No members online now.