Someone Kicked Lilly!

My poor baby! My sister came over, along with a friend of hers and his two children, ages 3 and 9. I don't particularly like this friend, but it is not my house.
When they got there, I specifically asked if I needed to crate the dogs and was told no, the kids are used to them. I should add that both dogs are reasonablly well behaved, and were not rushing or jumping on the company.
Both kids instantly wanted to play with the dogs, so I took them in the other room and supervised. The three year old sat down with Radar and was "sharing" her barbie and petting him, which he was loving.
The 9 year old gets a ball and starts trying to play with Lilly. I told him that she was 11 years old and didn't really want to play with toys anymore. So he puts down his hand for her to come close and be petted. She does, and the littly demon spawn KICKS HER as soon as she is in range :yikes: . She was screaming and ran back to me. I demanded to know why he had done that and he tells me "She wouldn't play with me so she is stupid!" I grabbed the kid with one hand and Lilly with the other and marched him in to the other room so I could tell his father what he had done. Dads response?
"Son, what have I told you about kicking animals? Thats it, you are not getting that puppy!"
No word about apologizing, or that he could have seriously hurt Lilly. And if he knew his chid was violent with animals, why didn't he have me crate mine? That child is going to kick the wrong dog and end up with half his face torn off. My mother, bless her, asked them to leave immeadiatly. This is good considering I was going to kill the little monster.
As a side note, they have already had to give two dogs to the pound because they were aggressive toward the children. I wonder why :rolleyes:
I was so shocked that he kicked my dog right in front of me, while his much younger sister was perfectly well behaved. Lilly is fine, just a little startled as she has obviously never been kicked before. I figure I'll be hearing about this kid down the road when he turns into the next Jeffrey Dahmer.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
OMG!!! thats terrible! I would NOT have been so calm with the boy.... I see my dog as one of my children and if somebody kicked my child... well lets just say they would be very sorry...

Good work to you and your mom for the way you handled the situation.

My five year old niece is kind of like that boy in a way, if a dog come up on her too fast or licks her she freaks out, sometimes she just burst out crying, sometimes she swats at the dog, sometimes kicks... thats why we never let her around Maya. We talk to her about being kind to animals but lets just say, she is really hard-headed and stubborn.

mrose_s

BusterLove
GRRR some kids make me so mad.

we had one little girl probably abuot 5, she belonged to the pool man so she came with him sometimes. she would follow sophie around, poke her, prod her and poke her int he eyes. i heard from mysister.

next time she was over i kept a very close eye on her. she slapped sophie ont he backside for no reason so i grabbed her arm and made her look at me and said "you can't do that" and she cried and ran off. hope she learned her lesson.

some kids make me so mad.
my mum always taught us, you don't hurt them because they're animals. if you do hurt them, its your fault if your bitten. good philosophy i reckons, more parents should adopt it. because i've never had a problem with any animals and was never mean to them ever.

i'm just so glad sophie took it so well, she's such a good girl. also glad she didn't try the same stuff wiht buster or their mgihtve been trouble

Doberluv

How awful! What is wrong with society? There's something wrong with that kid...I wonder if it's genetic. The little girl was fine. Yes, he'll probably be an upcoming serial killer. I'm glad your Mom told them to leave. I would have too. "Here's the door. That behavior is absolutely not tolerated. Bye." Grrrrrrrrr. Gosh, I never had any problem with my kids being gentle. I didn't really have to tell them not to hurt an animal. They came that way. LOL. Where do some of these kids get that? Sick!

milos_mommy

i thankfully have never met a child over the age of two who was rough with animals, and i don't think i've ever met a child of any age who was purposely rough with any animals. all the kids i know, when they were young, if they got too rough (tugging ears, tails, hair), we'd just say "pet nice" and grab their hand and rub it against the dog.

i really hope that man doesn't get his kid a puppy, because there is no way any animal in that household would turn out to be friendly enough to live with.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, wow. I would have been absolutely livid. and would have told them to leave right then, too.
I'm so sorry that happened. I so hope that kid doesn't get a puppy, either.
Poor Lilly. Give her a hug from me. And hugs to you, too. You must have felt awful.

Julie

I am back again.
Grrrr... Some parents make me so mad!

I can clearly see that this child has not been taught to respect animals, from the way the father reacted and how he didn't teach the kid from the start.

If my boys kicked someones dog, they would promptly apologize to the owner and dog.. then they would be sitting in the corner, yes even if we were at someone's house. And on the way home they would get a "talk'n to"! But I can honestly say, I don't think any of my children ever have or ever would do that.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I am so sorry, hon. What a horrible, misbahaved little brat. Not to even mention the parents. I hope they don't ruin their little girl, too.

Now.. for the most important question.. why didn't you kick the little brat in retaliation? :mad: Okay, just kidding. I'm sure you wanted to. Heck, everyone else posting here seems to want to, me included.

I've had my neighbor's kid treat my cats badly.. picking up Tom, who is NOT comfortable with strangers holding him (it's taken us two years to get him to allow us to hold him for even 20 seconds, and he hates it), Holding/hitting/grabbing/pinching/pulling/general harassment of my other two cats, Chili and Emma, who are well-socialized and tolerate strangers cuddling them (Emma usually likes it). Emma shys away from her, and Chili has attacked her on several occasions when the girl was harassing her or trying to grab her. After seeing it twice, she's now banned from even seeing Chili, and Emma and Tom are for petting (not holding) and under supervision only. It tells a lot about how people treat them, because they adore her little sister, who has only tried to hold them when invited. :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, this was going on for a few months at least before I knew about it. :( I usually wasn't home when they came over, and my Mom was usually in the room w/ them talking but not really watching, if you know what I mean.

puppychick

My_dog_pongo
My poor baby! My sister came over, along with a friend of hers and his two children, ages 3 and 9. I don't particularly like this friend, but it is not my house.
When they got there, I specifically asked if I needed to crate the dogs and was told no, the kids are used to them. I should add that both dogs are reasonablly well behaved, and were not rushing or jumping on the company.
Both kids instantly wanted to play with the dogs, so I took them in the other room and supervised. The three year old sat down with Radar and was "sharing" her barbie and petting him, which he was loving.
The 9 year old gets a ball and starts trying to play with Lilly. I told him that she was 11 years old and didn't really want to play with toys anymore. So he puts down his hand for her to come close and be petted. She does, and the littly demon spawn KICKS HER as soon as she is in range :yikes: . She was screaming and ran back to me. I demanded to know why he had done that and he tells me "She wouldn't play with me so she is stupid!" I grabbed the kid with one hand and Lilly with the other and marched him in to the other room so I could tell his father what he had done. Dads response?
"Son, what have I told you about kicking animals? Thats it, you are not getting that puppy!"
No word about apologizing, or that he could have seriously hurt Lilly. And if he knew his chid was violent with animals, why didn't he have me crate mine? That child is going to kick the wrong dog and end up with half his face torn off. My mother, bless her, asked them to leave immeadiatly. This is good considering I was going to kill the little monster.
As a side note, they have already had to give two dogs to the pound because they were aggressive toward the children. I wonder why :rolleyes:
I was so shocked that he kicked my dog right in front of me, while his much younger sister was perfectly well behaved. Lilly is fine, just a little startled as she has obviously never been kicked before. I figure I'll be hearing about this kid down the road when he turns into the next Jeffrey Dahmer.
Oh My god! Wow I can't believe that.:yikes: My friend was playing with her neighbors cat and all the sudden the cat walks into somones yard and there's a little kid playing in the yard and and the cat comes up doesn't even touch the little kid. Then the mom comes out and starts kicking the cat away!:mad:

Wow, both that kid and his dad would have been kicked out of my house so fast they wouldn't even know what happened to them.
I have a 1 1/2 year old and a 4 year old, and they would never kick/pull/otherwise injure an animal. I can't believe what people allow their kids to get away with.

Julie

I am back again.
Oh My god! Wow I can't believe that.:yikes: My friend was playing with her neighbors cat and all the sudden the cat walks into somones yard and there's a little kid playing in the yard and and the cat comes up doesn't even touch the little kid. Then the mom comes out and starts kicking the cat away!:mad:
IMHO there is a big difference between going into someones home and treating their animal with disrespect....than a cat wondering onto someone elses property and approaching a child. I probably would have "scatted" that cat away too. There are far too many cats running around that are unvaccinated, and I don't let my kids play with animals unless I know personally of their vaccination history. I have had some really really close calls which were very bad experiences.
Of course I wouldn't have touched the cat, but only make it leave.

noludoru

Bored Now.
IMHO there is a big difference between going into someones home and treating their animal with disrespect....than a cat wondering onto someone elses property and approaching a child. I probably would have "scatted" that cat away too. There are far too many cats running around that are unvaccinated, and I don't let my kids play with animals unless I know personally of their vaccination history. I have had some really really close calls which were very bad experiences.
Of course I wouldn't have touched the cat, but only make it leave.
I agree, but I think the big problem was the KICKING of the cat.. way outta line.

Members online

No members online now.