How the media sensationalizes dog bites! Great Artcile!

W

whatszmatter

Red_ACD_for_me said:
I was only stating what I have seen on the news that was wrong and not trying to get into an argument with anyone *sigh*. The people who forecast the news should do a little more investigative research before blaming a breed that is already ruined enough and makes the head lines enough. I live in Boston where there are alot of pitbulls owned by morons and the attacks do happen. But, I can't tell you how many times I have been watching the 6 o'clock news and hear of an attack and then they show a clip of the dog and it is a rottweiler or a lab. The media does BLOW lots out of proportion whether some think so or not. At least on the news in my area.
I wanted to addto this, last summer there was an attack on another dog by a pitbull and the other dog died. For one the dog that died they said was a dachshund, I've never seen one with light brown and white long fur and that tiny, but thats what they called it. They then showed a quick video of the "killer" pitbull in quarentine when in actuality it looked like a JRT more than anything. But besides those two short clips when you could actually see the dogs involved they had a generic picture of a vicious looking bully breed up on the screen. Another job of rather poor quality reporting.

Amstaffer

whatszmatter said:
reporters do take liberties sometimes to sensationalize or make a story more dramatic, it was obvious in the recent NBC predators story/thread. WHy have an officer in a ghillie suit jump from the bushes to make a "dramatic arrest" when the guy was walking calmly directly towards 3-4 uniformed cops in front of him. If the guy decided to run, have you ever tried running in a ghillie suit?? That cop was of absolutely no use but to add drama to the story.

They should tackle and whoop their a##. Your right it is drama but those perverts got it coming.

DanL

Amstaffer said:
They should tackle and whoop their a##. Your right it is drama but those perverts got it coming.
They'll get it when they are in jail.

Amstaffer

DanL said:
They'll get it when they are in jail.
Thats a bit of a Myth (at least in Wisconsin). I was a correctional officer for 9 years and rarely saw any harassment of sex offenders by "normal" inmates.

Members online

No members online now.