Those that use flea/tick treatment...

Nefarious

....when do you generally start using it for the season? I don't want them to get infected, but I don't want to use it for no real reason if it's not needed. I know it's going to vary based on living area....but a general idea.

Thanks!

oriondw

user not active
In florida:

I usually do it once in two months in winter and every month in Summer.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm in Arizona and I use it every month in the autumn/early winter until about January and once every 3-4 months after that. We don't have a problem with fleas, it's the ticks that give us trouble here.

bubbatd

I'm starting now.... if I had cats around, I'd do it all year long.

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I'm in Oklahoma. We didn't really have much for a winter - but the weather is still going from warm to cold so I'm not sure if I should wait another month or so.

Boxer*Mom

It wasn't me
i'd start it now too, monthly. we've been seeing fleas for at least month, and have also begun to see ticks. also be sure to do your heartworm preventative every month. mosquitos are literally sucky creatures!

bubbatd

Selk... where and how do you see fleas ?? To me if you see one on your dog, you're missing 50 .

bubbatd

I don't understand .... it goes into their systems ... to me once a month is once a month ... I would never re apply.

mojozen

bullie lover
bubbatd said:
I don't understand .... it goes into their systems ... to me once a month is once a month ... I would never re apply.
It was my understanding that you should redo it if you bathe the dog. Becuase I didn't think it went into their bloodstreams just to form a film over their skin and it travels via the oils in their coat. By bathing mojo, i stripped him of those oils for a day or two and the film of flea protectant... thus it needs to be reapplied.

i could be wrong however...

bubbatd

I really would check with your vet.... I'd hate to give a double dose when unneeded .

I have started too. Fleas pop out with the spring warm up.

I would be careful about re-applying topical treatments. You can over do it. If you use Frontline or Advantage, one bath doesn't dramatically reduce the efficacy of the product.

Members online

No members online now.