DogLeggs for arthritic elbows?

Sparrow

www.dogleggs.com/adjustable/

Has anyone used these? Zoe has some trouble with her elbows, but nothing severe. She's had decreased range of motion in them noted by her vet for years during his extensive joint exams, and in the past year it's gotten noticeable on the right side with an occasional limp, especially during our walks or when the weather is changing to rain/snow/a cold snap.

She had a TPLO on her left knee almost 6 years ago, so the years of compensation are showing (she's 10 now.) It's pretty well managed with meds (shes taken NSAIDs since her TPLO, and is now on Tramadol as well.) Her vet doesn't think she needs any additional measures yet such as laser therapy, but if there is a way to make her even more comfortable that would be great. She's very spry and is often mistaken for being far younger than she is, and I'd like to keep it that way as long as possible.

It seems these would help her when going to or from a lying position, as she is almost 90lbs. It also says it helps by recirculating body heat, which would be nice since Zoe hates heating pads. Could something like this slow the progression of arthritis? Are other braces effective at all? I saw a nice site for custom braces, but they were something like $450. The Dogleggs are $155, so not cheap, but very worth it if they are effective.

Any reviews would be much appreciated before I go spending the money on something that won't help a bit. :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.