Dockdogs weekend!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Blaze says, "Is it Friday yet?"

Tomorrow we're off for 3 days of DockDogs! :D We're trying SR for our second go at it, and EV for our *first* time - ever. I took the plunge! I'm super pumped for EV. He's been hitting about 4ft just in jumping for the toy at home.

I'm officially an addict. I. LOVE. DOCKDOGS.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Are you doing Iron dog too!? I'm so pumped to see how he does!
No, I registered for the BA waves a couple weeks before I registered for SR and EV. If he's pretty solid on SR and EV at this competition, we'll start registering as an Iron Dog next season. :D

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yes! :D And we were solidly in the 20/21/22 with every jump tonight! (6 total)

And we worked on SR (because it was suuuper slooow competition wise) and I think with a little help, we worked out the kinks. We'll see come Sunday, but he did it back to back with no hesitation tonight.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
sorry to hyjack for a moment but Josefina LOVES water & she loves jumping into the water & she loves to fetch, i think she would love dock dogs but is there a size requirement or limitation? she is about 18 inches tall & weighs about 30ish pounds.

this is her------vvvvvv

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
No size limitations - there are divisions, but they are based solely on jump length, not dog size. :) They do have a LapDog class at the bigger events, that's reserved for dogs under 17" tall.

More info:www.dockdogs.com

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I saw a Dane at Eastern Regionals and she was a Veteran. :) (She passed a few weeks later, but she had a blast that weekend!)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
That's SO cool, I have a friend with a greater Swiss and we're going to try our best. She loves to swim at the lake and has a ton of drive so wish us luck. :p

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Well, another master's leg with a 20ft jump, and one senior leg with a 19ft jump. Pulled some GREAT jumps in practice, tho. haha.

After giving it a super hard go at EV...we're just sticking with BA. He's my awesome little BA dog. He tried really hard, but just doesn't want to go off the dock unless it's like BA. And in our last wave at 6 (after 2 BA waves and boat loads of practice in BA and EV the whole day) he decided he was thoroughly confused by all the EV training we had done and was worn slap out. So no jumps, unless you count the 8ft first jump he did after stopping at the end. o_O Oh boy.

The refusing to jump does have me slightly concerned, just because...holy smokes, 23ft flying dog last night to...wont even go off the dock tonight. It got cloudy and kind of dark during our last jump where he decided he did not want to jump, would that have anything to do with it? How the water looks? We went back up for a little bit after that wave and tried again...nothing. He was super tired and I'm sure confused by the EV stuff. He did jump off the ramp, which doesn't make me totally freak.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
When we jumped at night at a comp here all of the dogs were jumping strangely. He was also mentally and physically tired, I wouldn't sweat it.

That is an AWESOME BA jump, I'd keep trying with the EV and SR though. Don't be discouraged!

Members online

No members online now.