The Good News thread

Airn

Congrats on your proposal and beautiful ring!

My mom is getting a puppy! He's so cute. I get to see him this weekend and show her with unwanted advice and puppy stuff! Yay! :rofl1:

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Demi Lovato concert tonight! And 5th Harmony meet and greets beforehand (they are opening for her with Cher Lloyd). I'm so excited! My sister got me these tickets for my bday in October!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I snagged a case of Bell's Black Note. My work is getting a keg of KBS.

This means nothing to any one I don't think but **** it I love beer.
SEND TO ME NAOW.

/beergeek

I cracked a bottle of Three Philosopher's last night for the first time in a long time and I forgot just how d*mn delicious that beer tastes. Also, there is a bottle of Rogue Voodoo Donut Stout (preztel, raspberry and chocolate) calling my name.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
IM GETTING MARRIED!!!

Tyler proposed to me yesturday. He took me up to Silver springs, which is a lake and jumping cliffs a little bit of a hike up a mountain. It was so perfect. He asked me on the cliffs. Afterwards we had a campfire, went exploring, played with the dogs and did some butt tobogganing

I am so excited. Let the wedding planning begin.

This is right after he proposed. Sorry the picture is so big.

This is a picture of my ring. Its a little over a carat red Spinel with 1.90MM diamonds surrounding it. I am so in love with my ring. He did good. Here is a picture of it. I call her cranberry.

Awesome! Congrats!! I love the ring, it's so pretty :)

Finally amazing weather, weekend off, could've been doing the ice age trail but I am stuck in the other town, so... After I finish my green tea (I think I'm getting sick and overrun from my allergies) I'm gonna go find me some nature.

Sorry allergies, but you are not invited so stop making me sneeze my brains out.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I love weekends that end in awesome weather, a cookout with DH, warm sun, a good book, and content dogs. Later on are drinks, popcorn, and Frozen.

Happy. :)

SEND TO ME NAOW.

/beergeek

I cracked a bottle of Three Philosopher's last night for the first time in a long time and I forgot just how d*mn delicious that beer tastes. Also, there is a bottle of Rogue Voodoo Donut Stout (preztel, raspberry and chocolate) calling my name.
Oh thank god, I love beer. We have 24 bottles of Black Note, aging 4 of them, drinking a few, and the rest I have to decide trades on. I'm bugging a friend of mine in PA to cough up some Pliny the Elder for a trade. I can clean up pretty nicely on Reddit, but every one seems to want FOUR bottles. I'm going to try to snag some more tomorrow because a local shop I have a connection at is hoarding it. We get KBS on Tuesday and the keg is just sitting in the cooler, teasing me. We're getting bottles as well and I want to buy ALL OF THEM.

I did pick up a bottle of the Voodoo Donut Stout last week. So good. I made myself a shake with it and raspberry vodka/pretzel bits at work and it is amaaaazing.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My brother just came home from his Navy A-school graduation with a PtE hoodie. He was within an hour of Russian River!

Also, there is a stellar collaboration beer between RR and Avery called "Collaboration Not Lititgation". If you haven't tried it, find it immediately.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Made this awesome stuff with one bakers block of chocolate, peanut butter, and craploads of real honey.

It is amazing. I call it chocolate lava.

Saeleofu

I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT AN OUT OF TOWN ZOO ON MONDAY!

AND THEY'RE PAYING FOR MY HOTEL THE NIGHT BEFORE!

AND THEY'RE GIVING ME A TOUR OF THE ZOO! AND OF THE CITY!!!!!

AND THEY'LL HAVE A LIST OF RENTAL CONTACTS READY FOR ME!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is the zoo I had a phone interview for a week and a half ago, this is my on-site interview. Apparently when they take you in for on-site interviews they're getting serious. I have a friend (one of the keepers I volunteer for) that interview with them, and she got 2 phone interviews but never got an onsite interview. This is also one of the zoos that was at the conference where my boss introduced me as "This is Shannon, she needs a ful time job but you can't have her because she's too awesome" lol

Fingers crossed! And hey, if it doesn't work out, at least I got a road trip and an awesome tour out of it for the cost of gas (and I'm taking my dad's car, so the cost of gas will be pretty low at 30 mpg).

Members online

No members online now.