Worst Watchdog...EVER.

Dreeza

Seriously, you would think for a dog FREAKS out whenever the neighbors pull up...whenev he sees anyone walking by....when anyone comes home...

would react a little more when he is home alone.

Apparently, he is only a watchdog when I'm home, lol.

Anytime I spend the night at my bf's (don't worry, I don't go over till like 9pm, and I'm back by 7am!...he just can't come cause of Ryan's roomie's stupid cat)...Oakley has ZERO reaction when I come home.

half the time he is still getting up/stretching by the time I get to my room :lol-sign:

Good to know if a robber breaks in, he will take the time to stretch & yawn!!!

Anyone have a dog that is only a watchdog only at the most inopportune times??

Taqroy

Murphy is probably the worst watchdog I've seen. Matt used to work nights and he would randomly forget things and decide to come home at midnight or two in the morning and Murphy never even flinched. He wouldn't even get up. Although since we got Mu he's gotten better. AND I was locked out of the house the other day so I decided to see if the doggie door was locked (I can fit through it to the great amusement of my dogs) and when I jiggled it Murphy freaked out. So apparently we're good if the robbers come in through the doggie door. :rofl1:

Xandra

It could be that he just recognizes the vehicle, or the key in the lock. I know my dog does.

Oakley's a smart boy. He knew it was you :)

Mine don't bark at me, either, but I've seen evidence that they raise hell when it's anyone else . . . religious tracts scattered all over the front porch :rofl1:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think he knew it was you long before you walked into the room and wasn't worried. TEst him sometime and send someone he hasn't met.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I think he knew it was you long before you walked into the room and wasn't worried. TEst him sometime and send someone he hasn't met.
I agree!

I always question Tyr's sensibility when he does alert to me coming in. :rolleyes: Although he has gotten better about that in the last year or so.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Now if your dog does this...then he totally fails.

I had a pointer however that just looked at a guy and didn't even make a peep when this man walked into our apt sat down picked up a magazine and was looking at it. He was in the wrong apt. I was asleep on the floor, i was folding laundry in front of the tv and had laid down, I was so tired back then. I woke up when the man lit a cigarette. I look at my dog and he is just sittiing there with his head cocked looking at him. Worthless. I asked the man what he was doing and he said ohno...and ran out the door. HE had the wrong apt and thought he was in the people upstairs. HE was drunk and hadn't seen me when he came in.

Xandra

I had a pointer however that just looked at a guy and didn't even make a peep when this man walked into our apt sat down picked up a magazine and was looking at it. He was in the wrong apt. I was asleep on the floor, i was folding laundry in front of the tv and had laid down, I was so tired back then. I woke up when the man lit a cigarette. I look at my dog and he is just sittiing there with his head cocked looking at him. Worthless. I asked the man what he was doing and he said ohno...and ran out the door. HE had the wrong apt and thought he was in the people upstairs. HE was drunk and hadn't seen me when he came in.
THAT is an awesome story. :yikes::rofl1::lol-sign::hail:

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest

:lol-sign:

Gotta be pretty wasted to not recognize that it's the wrong apartment.

At least the dog was watching him. ;) Maybe realized that he wasn't actually doing anything threatening? :cool:

Dreeza

:rofl1::rofl1:

wow, thats just hilarious!!! Thank god the man was harmless!!!!

True, I guess I forget Oakley has brains (its easy to do :lol-sign: )!!

Dogs6

Plus One
Our dogs know the sound of our car. If I am in the house they can tell if it is my mum or dad and don't bark just sit at the door or lie on the floor pretending that they had never been laying on the couch :lol-sign: . However if it is someone else they get tense and if footsteps come close to the house all hell breaks loose.

:rofl1: smkie

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Our dog knows its our car, but barks at it anyway, might as well right??

Oakley is probably wayyyy smarter then you think

My klee kai will alert me, but will join the barking if my cousin's dogs are there. :eek:
Now my husky will welcome anyone inside and show them where's the good stuff.
Huskies... :p He might scare people away with his looks and hug. :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.