Yarrow, Alaskan Noble Companion Dog

Kootenay

I'm new here! This is my pup Yarrow, who is an Alaskan Noble Companion Dog (I saw there was a thread about them already in the Breeds section), currently 6 months old, almost 7 months. Here are some photos of him from fairly recently.

He is stunning! I stalked the thread in the Breeds board and was disappointed I couldn't find more pictures online. Thanks so much for sharing!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
He is GORGEOUS.

If you don't mind, could you PM me with the basic information on the breed/why you chose to get one? They really, really intrigue me and I have every intention on getting a pup after I graduate in May...just have to pick my breed.

Picklepaige

Oh my god.

That is one of the most breathtaking creatures I have EVER seen. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

Definitely the most wolfy looking breed, I think.

OMG ZEH CUTENESS! Seriously though he is so gorgeous! What all are you hoping to title him in? Basically just send me the same pm as Blackrose I have all the same questions :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
He is GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm definitely more into sighthounds, but there is something about a wolfy looking breed that is not ACTUALLY wolf that intrigues me a bit.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Please do tell me about this dog's personality? He's absolutely magnificent.

Kootenay

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I'm a bit of a dummy and can't figure out PMs so I'll just answer the questions on here (and that way everyone can see them).

Basically I have always loved wolves and wolfy looking dogs. I was fascinated by the idea of a wolfdog but it was important to me to be able to DO stuff with my dogs, as well. I have horses and go on long rides and the dogs come along offleash, they need to be reliable around livestock and deer, etc. And I wanted a dog I could do a lot of training with. I found the ANCD when there was still absolutely NO info online, so it took a lot of digging around. I put down my deposit spring of '11 and got Yarrow April '12.

He's an awesome boy! He is super laid back and sweet, very affectionate with his family, wonderful with other dogs, very submissive. He's extremely intelligent (like, crazy-smart), he can be independent but not in a bad way, very food and toy driven (he loves his tug!). He is great offleash, loves his car rides, not destructive, no hint of separation anxiety, good around horses/cats/goats/chickens/etc.

Here's a video from back when he was 13 weeks doing some of his "routine" (obviously pretty basic but off to a good start I think!) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE7S8CSI9w

His only fault is that he is a bit timid with strangers. Something we're working on and definitely seeing progress with.

I would like to dabble in rally obedience and agility, and try out some herding with him. Also, I already have a harness and a little kicksled so we will definitely be doing some mushing, too!

All in all I'm absolutely thrilled with him. He's my big baby! At 6 almost 7 months he is over 70lbs and 27.5 inches tall (I haven't weighted or measured him in a couple weeks so he might be bigger now).

I'm happy to answer any more questions about him :)

Xandra

OH GOD that is a cute puppy. And he's a gorgeous gorgeous dog. Thanks for joining and sharing :)

Members online

No members online now.