The dogs, cats, and everything in between

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Here is the introduction to my furred, feathered, and scaled crew!

Chloe is my dog, a Collie/Aussie mix. I adopted her three years ago in May after we returned the Guide Dog pup we had been raising back to Leader Dogs (she passed with flying colors and was placed with a person!). She is my trouble child and we've had to overcome more issues with her in three years than all of the other dogs' lifetimes combined. Terrible resource aggression, low tolorence for physical manipulation, reactiveness towards a multitude of things, territorialness...she's liveable with now, but definitally not a saint! We love her anyway (Sometimes. :p) Her nickname is "The Stupid Fuzzy", "Spazz", and "Stinky Butt Baboon Reject Dog" if that tells you anything. LOL

Rose is eleven years old now and is still fit as a fiddle. She is a Lab/GSD/ACD/? mix. She's a bit more grey around the muzzle, but she still loves to go for walks and still rids the garden and yard of vermin with the best of them!

We had to have Blackie put down in March after a long downward spiral. He had a seizure a year or so ago and it took a lot out of him. The vet didn't think he'd live out the month, but he hung in there. He would get almost back to normal, then backslide again only to perk up a week later. In March we think he had a stroke and he was absolutely miserable. He couldn't walk, he stopped responding to us, and he just cried. We had a vet come out to the house to finally let him rest. He was 14 years old. Still miss that boy. Horribley.

Pheobe is my mom's cat. She will be three in June. She was a rescue, found in a wood pile by our neighbors at four weeks of age. She had a toe completely ripped off and needed lots of care. Our neighbors were busy with fair season, so we nursed her back to health and decided to keep her. She is the most evil cat in the entire world and will go from being sweet and cuddly to trying to kill you in two seconds flat. The only person she likes is my mom.

Junior is "my cat". Technically, he is our neighbor's cat that has been living on our front porch for about a year now. Since I buy his food, got him a cat house, treated his ear infection, and got him vaccinated I say he is mine. He thinks he is a dog and is a GREAT boy. He's about two years old.

Apollo is the newest addition. He and his sister were brought in to the vet clinic I work at half dead at two days old. A tech took his sister home for round the clock care and I took him home. We had a bit of a scare with him a few weeks ago were he almost didn't make it, but he is now six weeks and is doing great!

Casey and Dameon are my ferrets. Dameon is three, I think, and Casey is four. They drive me bonkers and keep me sane all at the same time. Casey - the sable - is a sweatheart and LOVES to play. She's a little spitfire. Dameon - the cream - is a big lazy boy that enjoys sleeping, eating, and attacking people that come into my room. Everyone is amazed at how laid back he is, and then they run in terror when he attempts to eat them. lol

*Continued below...

*blackrose

Now, on to the pocket pets.

Joey is a three year old Cockatiel that was originally bought by me for me, but he hates my guts and tries to attack me every time he sees me. He loves everyone else in the family, though, especially my brother. Go figure.

Tigerlilly is my mouse, who will be a year old in July. Her littermate, Ivy, passed away a few months ago.

Zero (green) and Pearl (yellow) are my sister's Budgies. We've had them for about a year now and they are the bane of my existance. Or maybe sleep. They are so noisy! They were a craigslist rescue - they were being kept in a TINY cage with one small perch and one plastic mirror toy. Now they are living the good life, although still bratty.

Raffiki-Waldo is my brother's Crested Gecko. I bought it for him as a birthday present last year. He really wanted a Beardie, but they were too expensive to upkeep so we opted for a more lower maitenence option. He loves him.

And last, but not least, I have my Betta, Sin, and my African Dwarf frog, Jean-Claude.

I think that is everyone. LOL

MPP

petperson
Wow! That is some collection of pets! Chloe is so beautiful. Rose has that wise older-dog look. And Apollo is just plain adorable!

Welcome to the forum.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
ZOMG Joey! He's gorgeous! I always wanted a white-faced, but ended up with a very generic looking grey with a yellow head and orange cheeks ;) I hand-raised him when I worked at PetsMart and just couldn't let him go... clearly I adore him, but your bird is BEAUTIFUL!

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Awesome, I love menageries! Don't take offense at that, we used to have one, so now I live vicariously though pictures of other animal filled houses.

*blackrose

Wow! That is some collection of pets! Chloe is so beautiful. Rose has that wise older-dog look. And Apollo is just plain adorable!
Lots of variaty, that's for sure! lol
Chloe's one saving grace is that she does have good looks. Of course, that is also a bad thing, as people think a dog that looks like her can't possibly be mean so they treat her like you would a teddy bear and I have to constantly be on guard so she doesn't get stressed and bite.
Rose definitally has the wisdom that comes with experience. Chloe will be running around in circles like a crazy thing and Rose will just look at me like, "Is that really neccessary? That is beneath me now." LOL
And yes, Apollo is a stinker. :D He's just starting to get to that must-attack-everything stage and I swear he chews more than a puppy!

where are the dwarf frog pictures? :p
You can kind of see him in the picture of Sin I posted, but not really. LOL So here is a dwarf froggy picture:

ZOMG Joey! He's gorgeous!
He knows it, too! :p I bought him from a breeder that was selling him cheap because his wings crossed in the back (which apparently means he isn't breeding quality?). His favorite thing to say is, "Joey's a pretty bird!" and then he'll wolf whistle. :rolleyes: He also barks like a dog and whistles the Phantom of the Opera theme song, occasinally his own rendition of it. LOL He's a great bird with a ton of personality - I just can't figure out why he hates me!

You've got a houseful of handfuls :D
Want some? :p

Awesome, I love menageries!
I think I should open up a petting zoo and charge people money to see my animals. LOL My ferrets are the novelty, although people can't believe we have birds and a mouse, either. Why stick to just dogs and cats when pocket pets are so much fun! XD

Members online

No members online now.