Furry-Paws anyone?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I am addicted! My account is #4765... it's frozen, because I'm on a little break. But I can feel the withdrawls coming. D;

I have Border Collies, Cardigans, & Koolies. Surprise surprise!

Oh, PW, I DESPISE trick training. It pretty much sucks, and it's too time consuming. I stick to training in sports, and showing. = ) That way, your dogs will level and their stats will be all nice and their puppies will be all pretty.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I joined yesterday.... I LOVE IT! O.O Way better than howrse, which sometimes I could barely translate.

Guys, I have like 60k right now. It seems that in all the how-tos they are always saying "and if you don't have enough money for it..." or "and if you're new and poor..." but that seems like a lot of money for me, at least considering some of the costs of the game. What exactly is "rich" in this game?

Oh, and how do you win shows? I have two Pointers entered in 30 shows a piece with the right accessories to boost their stamina and speed and intelligence, and they're all happy and their needs are fulfilled.. but is winning randomized? What gives you a better chance of winning?

Kayota

For winning: Higher stats, you get added points for each "Excellent," and if you keep your dog well fed and stuff it has a higher chance of winning.

Rich: I have a couple million right now, I believe. You don't need to be rich to succeed on the game, but it does help.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I've been on there for 4 years, my name is Southpaw (wooo predictable!) #54313.

I've had it locked though for the better part of a year, just because it gets time consuming and the site is usually soooo slow for me.

My other account is Trainwreckd #533866 but I just use that to post on the forums, lol.

noludoru

Bored Now.
For winning: Higher stats, you get added points for each "Excellent," and if you keep your dog well fed and stuff it has a higher chance of winning.

Rich: I have a couple million right now, I believe. You don't need to be rich to succeed on the game, but it does help.
....but don't you have to show to GET stats???

One of my dog has two excellents (woohoo) and the rest are good... the other has elbows/hips/etc all good. I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't get a "poor" or something, because I want a dog to breed, lol, and even if it's a virtual game I'm not breeding a dog with 'poor' anything.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Mmkay. Whoever took IzFro as their name...I'm going to KILL them. IzFro is mine *pouts* It's never not been available before.
o_O Oh, it's me. I guess I already had an account there :eek:
Hahaha. Nice! :p

Never played Furry-Paws, but I used to play Showdog. Then I made it to #1 Doberman kennel, bred the #1 all-time Doberman and it got kinda boring, so I left. I should go back and see what's up.

Kayota

Nolu - as your dog wins shows and levels. its stats will get higher, yes. :) But the better the stats in comparison to other dogs of its same showing level [the thing beside the name, such as NH for Novice Herding], the more likely you are to win.

noludoru

Bored Now.
AHA I see. So basically I'm going to lose a lot no matter what I do. ROFL! At least at first. That's fine.

Q..... I know you get more points for entering in a show with lots of dogs, and more points if you win. Right now I probably can't win much, so is my best bet entering in shows with lots of dogs and getting many points or entering in more expensive shows with just a few dogs and hoping I will place? Basically, is it better to go up a level or win ribbons? *confuzzled*

Kayota

It doesn't matter either way - your dog WILL level eventually. The highest I've seen a pet store dog go is maybe level 10-11. If you wait to breed til your dogs are at least level ten, the pup will have more potential and higher stats than his parents.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yeah, I'm waiting to breed. Even though it's a virtual game I wont breed crap, lol.

My plan is to breed my two when they get to about a level 10 - maybe 9 if I'm impatient, but I think it'll be 10 -and breed them, keep the best pup of the litter (or if I can't see the stats and stuff by then I'll just pick one) and go from there.

Kayota

I let mine level until day 99 and breed them on day 99, so they reach max potential. If they don't reach level 10 by then, tough ****, they don't get bred.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Nolu, have you figured out that certain leashes/collars/food can raise specific stats? You can raise stats by using the training area too (the agility course looking thing).

It all adds up. :p

noludoru

Bored Now.
Yes, that and the foods, which I am taking FULL advantage of. :D Does the food permanently raise the stats or do I have to re-feed before every round of shows?

I'll try the training area, I didn't know about that.

Yes, that and the foods, which I am taking FULL advantage of. :D Does the food permanently raise the stats or do I have to re-feed before every round of shows?

I'll try the training area, I didn't know about that.
Yep, they permanently raise the stats.

On FP, I'm Gemini Kennels (622440) - and I raise American Pit Bull Terriers.

Dekka

Just try me..
Dumb game :p.

My JRT doesn't like rope toys, balls, or Frisbees! What sort of defective JRT did I get?!

Members online

No members online now.