help with gassy dog

anyone have problems with an overly gassy dog? it's on the Evo RF and has tried many different foods like timberwolf, solid gold, orijen etc. she's tried supplements like slippery elm and others we carry at the store i work at. tried plain yogurt, even beano... she's gotten to the point where she doesnt want to invite people to her home because of the dogs smell... any suggestions?

skyeboxer

I have heard about adding charcoal to the diet (available from pet stores) but only for a day or two because any longer would leach nutrients from the diet...

bubbatd

Back when there really wasn't much choice in dog food ... bad canned/good canned , our Irish Setter was a real " bomber " . My Dad used to take fireplace coals and feed him . It helped.

otch1

I know this problem well... both of my Dobies, one passed away and current puppy and all 3 of my Boxers, that I owned years ago, had terrible gas. Check vegetable content in your food, (Evo) which can be a real problem for a lot of dogs. Raw will correct this as Pancho said. I do not use these foods myself but if you prefer not to feed raw I have clients who've had success using Wellness and Ca. Natural. Good luck.

my catahoulas and my english bull have it really bad too. never heard about the charcoal thing tho..will they actually eat it? lol....

Members online

No members online now.