HELP! Swollen face!!

Juicy

the other dogs are ok, but Princess Mama face is swollen....what can this be? I was spraying some oust earlier, could it be this? Her gums are fine & she's fine, but what can I do in the meantime, because I can't see the vet till Monday!

Armani had this same thing a few weeks ago, we didnt know if one of the other dogs hurt him or what... even the vet didnt know... he ended up giving us an anti inflammatory.

Maybe try some benadryl until Monday... if she seems fine, you should be fine waiting.

Juicy

Armani had this same thing a few weeks ago, we didnt know if one of the other dogs hurt him or what... even the vet didnt know... he ended up giving us an anti inflammatory.

Maybe try some benadryl until Monday... if she seems fine, you should be fine waiting.
Oh ok! I'm just freaking out here thinking if its something more serious!

I second the benedryl...

Scooter had this once and ended up having partial seizures.... so keep an eye on her.

good luck

I freaked out too! Dont worry.

I called the vet (it was a weekday) and said we needed to come in right away, it was an emergency!!!

I think they found it a little funny when I showed up, :lol-sign:

They checked all sorts of things, bones in the face, teeth, gums, they looked for bite marks... in the end he wasnt sure if it was a slight infection or if he had maybe fallen (or been pushed by an evil sister) off the bed and banged his head. But all was well, the swelling went down in a few days with the meds.

I will be sending vibes for you and Mama, that it is something equally as minor!

sprintime

It almost does look like maybe a bug bite of some sort. The Benadryl should help, I have a feeling you might not need the vet by monday - hope so anyway.

bubbatd

I agree with the benadryl ,,,, if beathing becomes labored ... ER vet time !

Glad she is better. I see you are in Florida, lots of bugs there. It must have been some sort of bite or sting. My horse got bit by a bee in the summer. SHe must have taken a mouthful of grass with a wasp or bee attached and got stung. I had to give her antihistamines I got from the vet.

Members online

No members online now.