need some advice..

MCaussade

I have 2 3 month old puppies - have had them for about a month.. they're littermates... they're doing pretty well with just about everything... However, the biggest issue I'm having is that one of them doesn't like to sleep past like 4 or 5 am. One puppy sleeps in her crate and won't wake up until I wake up to take her out where as the other one is crying at 4 or 5 am every morning..(sometimes even earlier!!:( ) anything i can do to perhaps get her used to sleeping a little later??? like maybe sleep until 7?!?? :confused:

I feel for you. But I can tell you, mine was like that too - especially when she did not get enought exercise. But, even when she did get enough, it was like her internal clock went off about 2 or 3 am. Many a nights I had to let them out in the middle of the night.
There is hope. Once she got older, she started to not wake up in the middle of the night. I am happy to report, she now sleeps thru the night :)

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Lots and lots of play before bed time. A tired puppy is a good puppy:D
Other than that it may be that particular puppies routine. Often hard to change
Dont put them to sleep as early or just not that particular pup.

If you don't have enough time to 'exercise' to tire them out, try letting them roam about in the backyard during the daytime instead of cooping them up inside. This will allow them more space to muck around, and use up their energy.

Or keep them inside a small 'pen' in the backyard overnight instead of inside a crate. When they wake up, and are cooped up inside a crate, and have nothing to keep them occupied, they'll whine and cry. but if they have a little space to play in while waiting for you to wake up.

Members online

No members online now.