Red bumps on chest/legs

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So about 2 nights ago I noticed 2 tiny bumps on Mia's chest. Teeny tiny and there was a small scab in each of them. Today we were cuddling and I found 2 more on the inside of her right front leg. The larger one is almost pencil eraser sized and the other I smaller. I checked her chest again and there's about 6-8 bumps there. There's also one on her right side of her tummy below her ribs.

They are somewhat hard and definitely only skin deep. They are red and many have scab or they almost look like a zit that needs to be popped.

She has been itchy lately.

No fleas for sure and no topical anything in months.

Any ideas? Allergy? Bug bites? I hope it's nothing major. Should I take her in?

Now Friday (the day before I saw the spots) she went and stood in an ant mound on our walk. I thought I shooed her away quick enough

Saeleofu

Gavroche has these too, sounds like EXACTLY the same thing. I've attributed it to bugs or grass. I really just want it to freeze and end this ridiculous bug and allergy year >.< Chiggers have been AWFUL around here, so my bet is on chiggers. As long as they don't get infected, there's not much to worry about. Frontline spray kills them, but I'm not sure if just regular Frontline does (it might be the direct application that does it).

Funny, Mollie's been having the same things on her chest.

Since all of us are having the same problem, I'm thinking it might be an allergy to a certain kind of seed that comes out in fall? I don't really know, but it sounds reasonable... :confused:

If she does have some environmental allergies (I think you said that you thought she might in another thread?) then it could be an allergic skin eruption ("hives") or secondary superficial bacterial infection. In either case it's generally not a huge emergency but if they persist then I'd have her seen.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
These have gone away thankfully. But she is having some upper-respiratory stuff going on like I mentioned in my other thread.

This is all new this year.

This has been one of the worst allergy years I have ever seen. A lot of dogs who have never had problems before, are.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am pretty sure hers are allergies. It seems to be something outside? I am not sure but she's just as active indoors and yet on hikes/walks she starts snuffling after about 30 mins. Ugh

Members online

No members online now.