Dont Get Iams!

lilly

never ever ever get iams!they torture animals!the bad food iams makes,they feed it to their test subjects! :mad:

EliNHunter

I think all the food companies do this, unfortunately. Do you have a link that says Iam's is doing things differently than others?

Most all petfood companies test their food(s) on animals, but not all abuse their test animals like IAMS does.

Not all, Amy. NaturaPet sets the standard for humane treatment of their animals. Their animals are rescues and actually have better lives than lots of "pets" then are adopted into homes while they are still young. There is no invasive testing done on these animals either.

lilly

well, i have no link to tell me this, but i was just lookin around at sites and found out that iams tests stuff on animals, and the food the animals dont like, the scientists make and force the animals to eat it!then they SELL IT to us and out animals eat it!

pitbulliest

that's because IAMS is managed by Procter and Gamble..they're the guys that make dishwasher fluids and other chemicals..which of course..they also test on animals..they're not interested in the quality of the food, just how much profit they make off of it..they test it but the quality is still shit...there are many dog food companies out there that do not test on animals, and if they do, they do at home tests...basically you feed your dog the food and then they take blood samples and the home bit...makes perfect sense to me..why torture a dog by shoving a tube down its throat and injecting vegetable oil into its system until it goes into painful convulsions?..yeah...you go proctar and gamble *rolls eyes* idiots..

But besides them testing on animals, IAMS is just a terrible brand of food..its basically at the bottom of the food chain lol if you will...the quality is terrible, there are far too many additives and chemicals, its got CORN as its main ingredient..I mean..do I even need to go on?

My advice....avoid any dog food you can buy at your local grocery store...IAMS, Eukaneuba, Purina, Pedigree..its all junk and nothing but junk..

*steps off of soap box*

necterine0

pitbulliest said:
that's because IAMS is managed by Procter and Gamble..they're the guys that make dishwasher fluids and other chemicals..which of course..they also test on animals..they're not interested in the quality of the food, just how much profit they make off of it..they test it but the quality is still shit...there are many dog food companies out there that do not test on animals, and if they do, they do at home tests...basically you feed your dog the food and then they take blood samples and the home bit...makes perfect sense to me..why torture a dog by shoving a tube down its throat and injecting vegetable oil into its system until it goes into painful convulsions?..yeah...you go proctar and gamble *rolls eyes* idiots..

But besides them testing on animals, IAMS is just a terrible brand of food..its basically at the bottom of the food chain lol if you will...the quality is terrible, there are far too many additives and chemicals, its got CORN as its main ingredient..I mean..do I even need to go on?

My advice....avoid any dog food you can buy at your local grocery store...IAMS, Eukaneuba, Purina, Pedigree..its all junk and nothing but junk..

*steps off of soap box*
Yes she is right lilly. Procter and Gamble makers of Imas and many other products. Check out this thread.... http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4841&highlight=chest

There are some links in there you should go to..including the ones that will let you know who test on animals, and who dosen't.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
there are huge differences between animal testing for nutritional reasons (the AAFCO mandated feeding trials) and for unnecessary reasons.

natura also does feeding trials, but they do not do any invasive testing in which e.g. dog's livers and kidneys are damaged on purpose, to see how diet affects them. :(

lilly

SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOS COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOS COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOS COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!SUE DOG FOOD COMPANIES!
HOW DARE THEY DO THIS!HOW DARE THEY DO THIS!HOW DARE THEY DO THIS!IM MAD!:mad:

spudy

you are so right iams is #$@%^& i hate them you rock! by the by dont by covergirl sallyhason and mabllen make they all test on animals i use to by there stuff bt not any more!!!! oh yeah cavin klian tests to so dont buy them .sorry about my spelling . any way you are so very right the are #$@96^& . avon and marry k stuff they dont test they are safe to buy from i buy avon there reall nice !!!!

www.iamsodead.com check it out. I have been following this site since the pet food store (edited to add - I worked for) received a letter saying they were closing a plant due to some unethical reasons. This was about 4 years ago.

Last edited:

nedim

Thats so wrong. Its so horrible what they do to those innocent dogs. Check out the videos, they're absolutely gruesome.

nedim

Check out this B.S I found on their site.

At the Iams Company to accomplish our mission of providing world-class quality foods and pet care products, we strive to know dogs and cats better than anyone in the industry. It’s a personal passion shared by everyone who works here. Learn about the extraordinary measures we take to ensure that our love and respect for our four-legged friends is delivered every day for every Iams dog and cat.

Members online

No members online now.