Good stuff for the two!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I took both Bella and Psyche to a Canine class March 26th (11 students, all under 17, each with at least one dog, in one small room, being trained by my mother), and got really good behaviour from both of the girls. Enough so that I'm considering taking them both to agility classes in May, as I feel like I could handle the two of them if things keep going this well...

Psyche was supposed to work with a little girl once there, but Psyche was too much for her. She didn't understand that if she didn't keep her working, Psyche'd get bored, and realize that she wasn't with me, and try to go looking for me, so I took her back with me and we let the girl handle Morrie. Other then that, we had no issues. Psyche did GREAT! Caught on to what I was working her on really quickly, and is doing great! Had really good focus on me (when I was asking for it, or had her in a spot where she should automatically give it). We did some loose lead walking - getting all kinds of eye contact, sitting when I stop, etc., I was really impressed, since I just started to do that stuff last night.
I think I've decided I'll bring both her and Bella from now on. (Maybe have the odd night where one comes, without the other, so they don't get too used to the other always being there).

As for Miss Bella. She also did very well. She had 2 problems last night; one bark and dive which was quickly stopped, and after attention was on me, and one pull towards another dog while working loose lead walking. No barking, just pulling me to the other dog. Her focus was good, and better then most weeks. She would look at another dog, and rather then let her (even though she wasn't showing any signs of agressing) look at the dog, I'd simply say her name, and expect eye contact. She'd turn and give it - VERY GOOD (For Bella)!

I feel she's doing really well, and my waist sure can tell the difference! I'm very pleased of her, and I'm very pleased of us, and how far we're getting... She'll finish these Canine classes in late June or mid July, and in May she's starting Agility Classes, where she'll be around other dogs. For her agility classes, I'll plan on bringing a crate for her, so that if she gets bad, I don't have to take my focus off of what's being taught, and so I can have a break - if she aggresses. Though, honestly, I think we're making a lot of progress, and I'm quite pleased.

So, that's what's going on. Both of the youngies are doing well. Zoey stays home for these classes because she's terrified of the clicker, and I've pretty much decided she's going to be an agility dog - only.

Alright, that's your general dog training update!

Members online

No members online now.