The Good News thread

Paige

Let it be
I passed my motorcycle knowledge test today without studying. So I can legally drive one supervised till I pass my skills test in a few weeks. THen I can fly solo.

On a whim today I thought it'd be fun to have it so I'm pretty impressed I passed. I also don't need glasses to drive or ride when they checked my vision today and that blew my mind. I'm blind in one of my eyes and slightly far sighted but apparently my vision doesn't totally suck.

DJEtzel

Dog festival/vending/dock diving tomorrow.

Pure romance party tomorrow night.

Pedicure Sunday morning.

Boyfriend coming over Sunday night.

Half day of work Monday.

Chinese food with boyfriend Monday night.

WINNNNN.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
MY LAPTOP WORKS AGAIN!!!! WHOOO! After like a month or two of it not working, I remembered where I stowed it and decided to try turning it on again... :D

It's so weird to be able to use it again and type on a keyboard and not have to stare at a tiny ipod screen. I am so happy.

Also, it is freaking beautiful out. It would be awesome to be able to breathe easily, but whatever. It's awesome outside.

DJEtzel

New boyfriend came up last night and met my parents. I went well, surprisingly. (My parents are petty crazy.) And we had a fantastic night. Now I can work a half day and we can eat Chinese food, and have an awesome evening with the dogs. :D

k9krazee

I'm so proud of my Crosserton!!!! He spent about 20-some hours in the car since last Thursday, hung out in two unfamiliar houses and mingled with 10 other dogs and THEN, DH took him to a nursing home to visit a friend who is not doing well today. Crossbone, who doesn't really like to be pet by strangers, spent four hours there and was AWESOME!!! Now I'm whisking him away to agility class. My best boy. <3

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Had an interview today. Liked the clinic, liked the people, good commute, good pay, hours are perfect. I should have word by Thursday for final confirmation.

Yey! :D

SaraB

I'm so proud of my Crosserton!!!! He spent about 20-some hours in the car since last Thursday, hung out in two unfamiliar houses and mingled with 10 other dogs and THEN, DH took him to a nursing home to visit a friend who is not doing well today. Crossbone, who doesn't really like to be pet by strangers, spent four hours there and was AWESOME!!! Now I'm whisking him away to agility class. My best boy. <3
Love that boy, he really is something special!!

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
He is such a little superstar :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My work decided to give us 1/2 off for lunches at the cafeteria if you choose healthy food so now I can get a decent lunch for only a few dollars! I got pork loin, asparagus, and mixed veggies (or could have had rice or quinoa or apples) for $4. And I got breakfast for $1.08. I seriously don't think I can even pack a decent lunch for that much. It's not like... great food or anything but still.... should save me quite a bit a month! And plus I don't cook at all so variety is good.

Also makes healthy eating much cheaper than the fast food options around.

So totally random but its good news to me:)

I LOVE how gardens can be neglected and left to their own devices for so long and still come back to life. We bought this house 10 years ago this month....all that was left of gardens were bulbs, irises a lilac, and some roses. Over the years, as we have flushed the gardens out its amazing the things that are coming back.

Last year a peony came back from a spot that had been nothing for who knows how long. I also divided a huge bed of irises. Last spring I was shocked to see that besides just the purple irises, once I moved them around and spaced them out, there were white ones as well. I didnt get them all in and saved a bunch of the rhizomes for the whole season....not expecting much I planted them last fall. Now I have them all coming up and even more varieties are showing up....a yellow one is getting ready to bloom now.

Members online

No members online now.