The dog musing/vent thread

Shakou

Ma'ii and his dog reactivity are driving me batty. We got a trainer involved and have him in some classes to try and curve the problem. Yesterday he was a complete dick in class. Wouldn't listen at all. He HATES other intact males, and wanted to kill this intact Boston Terrier that was there.

Somedays he really impresses me. Other days I wanna strangle him. Yesterday was the latter.

Shakou

LEASH YOUR ****ING DOGS! LEASH YOUR GOD **** ****ING DOGS!! Ma'ii and Charlotte were in a fight. I take them out to go to the bathroom (both leashed as always), we come down the stairs, and Ma'ii runs RIGHT INTO a giant schnauzer. The dog was loose. Charlotte comes up to Ma'ii's side, and begins snarling. I pull both dogs away, and suddenly a ****ing pack of 5 small schnauzers and 2 Chihuahas come out of the open door of an apartment and come RIGHT at us. I back up as far as I can go with Ma'ii and Charlotte, who are going ballistic, and find myself trapped against a truck. I scream "GET YOUR ****ING DOGS!!!" Than the giant schanauzer charges and attacks Ma'ii, who could go nowhere because of us being against a truck. The owners managed to get their dogs, no one was hurt, but I got NO apology or question on weather or not my dogs were okay. Just dirty looks like it was MY fault!

I am SO PISSED!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I bought my dogs tags from Petco because they had tiny ones and I have never had my dogs wear tags or have any identification on them. So I felt like that would be responsible. But the jingling tags are driving me up the wall! And Mia keeps barking at the noise because she knows tags jingling = strange dog.

DJEtzel

LEASH YOUR ****ING DOGS! LEASH YOUR GOD **** ****ING DOGS!! Ma'ii and Charlotte were in a fight. I take them out to go to the bathroom (both leashed as always), we come down the stairs, and Ma'ii runs RIGHT INTO a giant schnauzer. The dog was loose. Charlotte comes up to Ma'ii's side, and begins snarling. I pull both dogs away, and suddenly a ****ing pack of 5 small schnauzers and 2 Chihuahas come out of the open door of an apartment and come RIGHT at us. I back up as far as I can go with Ma'ii and Charlotte, who are going ballistic, and find myself trapped against a truck. I scream "GET YOUR ****ING DOGS!!!" Than the giant schanauzer charges and attacks Ma'ii, who could go nowhere because of us being against a truck. The owners managed to get their dogs, no one was hurt, but I got NO apology or question on weather or not my dogs were okay. Just dirty looks like it was MY fault!

I am SO PISSED!
Typically, I continue yelling at assholes until they respond. As many expletives as possible.

I'm sorry this happened again- Really sets back reactivity training. You'll find it happens a lot more when you have a reactive dog/aggressive dog, though, because other dogs pick up on it a lot more. :/ :(

iriskai

Every time I consider not showing Mimi in conformation any longer, she goes and does something silly and I keep it up. Last year was BOB in a huge entry and G4 at one of the biggest clusters around on the only day she was shown. This weekend included a BOB under a well respected judge at a supported entry, making the cut in a tough hound group, and getting OHG1. My bank account is groaning.

Shakou

Typically, I continue yelling at assholes until they respond. As many expletives as possible.

I'm sorry this happened again- Really sets back reactivity training. You'll find it happens a lot more when you have a reactive dog/aggressive dog, though, because other dogs pick up on it a lot more. :/ :(
Wouldn't be a problem if ****ing morons grasped what a leash law was.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I introduced Summer to the barn hunt rats on Saturday and she was all excited. 'OH HAI, LITTLE FRIENDS!' And then she wanted to kiss them.

I think we'll skip barn hunts with her.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.

I am SO PISSED!
Did you tell your apartment manager?

I have the same issue, especially in summer. People here don't know what a leash law is at all. >_< Plus some just leave their doors open in the summer so the dog goes out whenever they want. :rolleyes:

I don't care if the dog stays away from us, but a dog that attacks,charges, harasses us in any way deserves their owners to get told on.

I'm glad everyone's ok physically and I know how much it sucks to have this happen to a reactive dog and get set back. :(

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Ma'ii and his dog reactivity are driving me batty. We got a trainer involved and have him in some classes to try and curve the problem. Yesterday he was a complete dick in class. Wouldn't listen at all. He HATES other intact males, and wanted to kill this intact Boston Terrier that was there.

Somedays he really impresses me. Other days I wanna strangle him. Yesterday was the latter.
Ahhh life with a cattle dog xD

krissy

Dogs who are always loose and the owners are hardly grateful for their return. Ad don't seem surprised or concerned that the dog was missing. Grrrr....

I would be losing my mind if one of my dogs was missing. I would seriously be crying and hugging and kissing the person who found my dog.

I think I have returned one dog to a very thankful owner. The other dozen owners didn't seem to care or even seemed annoyed that I bothered them at home.

Also... dogs who are loose almost never have any identification on them. Just a rabies tag if I'm lucky.

Te lady today... this was the second time I found her dog. She pulled up, barely said anything, but then insisted on giving us $10. I'm not sure how to take that.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Had a long discussion with Jeromy last night about future dogs. He's pretty particular about what he'll live with, so I figured it was time to get it all out on the table. It was actually very productive :) Unfortunately some of my favorites are ruled out (he really dislikes spaniels and most of the sporting group in general, which I love!) but we went through breed websites and made a list of dogs we both like or are interested in learning more about. There are definitely some breeds on there that I already really like. Even though the dogs will be mine, it's important to me that he enjoys living with them too, so this was a big step. :) I've got a list of breeds for us to go and meet at the big dog show in February. I'm very excited!

And hey, if he can have his Shiba, I'm sure I can sneak a spaniel in there somewhere. ;) It just won't be the breed I really get involved in.

Edit: I forgot to add, most of the dogs we both like are either herding or working, but we agreed on a couple of weird ones. Like... Mr. Primitive/Spitz Breeds likes long-haired Chihuahuas. :rofl1: Not "my" breed but I could see us having one around some day. He likes Paps, too!

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Roxie has turned "give kiss!!" into a trick where she will stand up on her hind legs and give you a quick peck (sometimes not even a lick! just nose touching skin). It's so bloody cute.

noludoru

Bored Now.
If I could just bottle the look in his eyes when I rub his ears and tell him how much I love him. . . I think I'd be able to smile all the time.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
That awkward moment when you and your non-dog friends are talking dogs and they all start talking about how crazy it is to spend $300-500 on buying a dog.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
That awkward moment when you and your non-dog friends are talking dogs and they all start talking about how crazy it is to spend $300-500 on buying a dog.
..put a 1 in front of that 5& you'll have the exact reason I never tell anyone what Penny cost.

'If you have to ask, you can't afford her.'

Katem

My backyard looks like a crime scene after the dogs' breakfast today. Snow + pork shoulder = red streaks everywhere. Badger is not the neatest eater :rofl1:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
..put a 1 in front of that 5& you'll have the exact reason I never tell anyone what Penny cost.

'If you have to ask, you can't afford her.'
:lol-sign:
People asked me a lot what I paid for Siri (um..I would never ask someone that...especially a stranger!), and I always just said "enough" because most of my friends are rescue people and probably would have died :rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Then they were like 'English bulldogs are super expensive! The ones in the paper were $1000!'

Yeah... let's just not go there. They already think I'm weird enough.

I get asked a lot if my dogs were expensive.

Members online

No members online now.