Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

darkchild16

We are Home.

RC talks to ANYONE I get a dog from, and tells them what a "horrible" person I am. At one point, her and I were friends. Or so I thought. Apparently, that was her just collecting information to use against me later.

I didn't take those pictures... I wasn't there when they were taken either. I don't know what happened to that dog once he got into the breeder's truck and she drove out of my yard.

To sum it up - I returned a puppy to his breeder, and now a year later I'm being accused of abusing and neglecting him.
So you think a dog can get THAT bad in 2 DAYS?

Teal

...ice road...
Yes, I would still want to see the original date of the pictures. A puppy can not get emaciated in just two days.

And I still believe that a reputable breeder is not going to blatantly lie and accuse someone so publicly, just think all the legal trouble she could get herself into.

Teal, could you post original photos of vet records? Not scans, just pictures of the vet records?

And please explain to me, in your opinion what happened to the puppy? And how did he get emaciated in just two days? How did he get in that condition? In your opinion, why would a known breeder blatantly lie?

Then can one of you please come get on my old computer, and see if you can find the originals? I don't know how and therefor did not alter the date on ANY picture. The date I posted was the same date I uploaded it to Facebook, which I take pictures and upload them the same day or MAYBE the day after. Whatever the file name is - that IS the date it was taken, otherwise I'd never be able to keep track of my pictures, which I am a fanatic about.

I wish this had been brought up earlier... I was just at my vet this morning. But sure, I'll go drive the HALF HOUR to my vet so I can take photos of vet records to post for you oh so nice internet people who have nothing better to do than accuse people of random crap.

And for the last time - I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PUPPY. I returned him to the breeder. She was upset with me for returning him... I never heard anything more from her until I contacted her about a month ago, inquiring about how he was doing. WHY would this come up A YEAR LATER if I had returned the puppy in that sort of condition?

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I'm just really struggling to understand how you returned the puppy to the breeder in "good condition" (which sorry, like others, I'm not seeing in your final pictures) and a few days later he looks like he does in those pictures.

Yet you aren't saying that she photoshopped/staged/faked the photos or underfed the puppy herself? It just... doesn't make sense. Something had to have happened.
Is it possible Jairi is condoning the status of the pup? Is that a good weight in her mind?

Barbara!

I've asked and I am sure you have answered some but I can't keep all of your dogs straight.

I guess I just don't understand people who bring in dogs as "if it works out I'll keep it, if not I'll call it retrospectively a foster and rehome it." I think that could answer a lot of the questions and the reason I am so uncomfortable with your method.

I also don't know that I can ever understand just letting a dog die at home because you were so sure it wouldn't be worth trying to make it to the vet. Maybe in a different lifetime I will know but as it is now I am really upset and confused by it.
That's part of getting a dog from a breeder and why the breeder chooses the dog for you... So you can get a perfect fit dog and if the dog isn't right...it goes back to the breeder! Oh my!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
When you return a dog for being exactly what its breed calls for? This is why so many of us threw up terrified arms when Jairi considered Malinois.

You can't handle a Fila wanting your attention? Try a malinois, they are constantly seeking a way to climb in your skin sack.

Not to mention many of the dogs in question were "adoptions" from rescue, not purchased and returned. I think she returned two to breeders?

**** happens, I get that. I just don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on that.

I also don't think that puppy is healthy but I'm not seeing Jairi agree there either.

And for the last time - I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PUPPY.
What do you think happened? How can the inconsistencies possibly be explained? Because it can't be true that you returned him in good condition and that a few days later he was emaciated, and if she has pictures of him emaciated, then... it's hard for me to really see another explanation other than that she got him that way.

WHY would this come up A YEAR LATER if I had returned the puppy in that sort of condition?
Maybe because... you contacted her about a month ago to ask about him?

Teal

...ice road...
I'm just really struggling to understand how you returned the puppy to the breeder in "good condition" (which sorry, like others, I'm not seeing in your final pictures) and a few days later he looks like he does in those pictures.

Yet you aren't saying that she photoshopped/staged/faked the photos or underfed the puppy herself? It just... doesn't make sense. Something had to have happened.

I'm really struggling to understand it, too. I don't know WHERE all this crap is coming from... but it's coming from Courtney, who has done nothing but cause drama for me.

I've asked and I am sure you have answered some but I can't keep all of your dogs straight.

I guess I just don't understand people who bring in dogs as "if it works out I'll keep it, if not I'll call it retrospectively a foster and rehome it." I think that could answer a lot of the questions and the reason I am so uncomfortable with your method.

I also don't know that I can ever understand just letting a dog die at home because you were so sure it wouldn't be worth trying to make it to the vet. Maybe in a different lifetime I will know but as it is now I am really upset and confused by it.

When someone finds a stray on the road and calls me to take it, because I was the local "rescue"... yes, the dog would come in on a "if it fits in, it'll stay... if not, I'll find it a proper home" I guess I don't see what's wrong with that? If my home is the right home for it, why not keep it? But if it's not, why not find it the proper home? That's all I did. I was young, inexperienced, and probably in over my head... but I placed a lot of dogs in GOOD homes, and I don't regret that one bit.

My vet recommended I not bring him in, because he was already in the process of dying. He was unresponsive, and his blood pressure was so low she wouldn't have been able to find a vein to do anything anyways. It's at least a 30 minute drive to the vet, depending on traffic... based on my knowledge, and conferring with my vet... I kept him comfortable in his final moments, if he could even recognize what was going on. I find it DEPLORABLE that this situation is being brought up over and over, like I have no heart and it doesn't hurt me to have to keep talking about my puppy that died. God **** you guys.

So you think a dog can get THAT bad in 2 DAYS?

No, I do not. But based on when everyone is saying the other pictures were taken... something in their method isn't reliable. I don't know WHEN those pictures were taken, but I know mine were NOT taken when the computer is saying they were (which I have found happens all the time)

Is it possible Jairi is condoning the status of the pup? Is that a good weight in her mind?

No, the puppy in the pictures RC posted is absolutely too thin.

SkyRock

That's part of getting a dog from a breeder and why the breeder chooses the dog for you... So you can get a perfect fit dog and if the dog isn't right...it goes back to the breeder! Oh my!
That doesn't give the person the right to mistreat a puppy or stop providing basic care that a puppy or any DOG or living creature needs in order to survive.

darkchild16

We are Home.

I'm really struggling to understand it, too. I don't know WHERE all this crap is coming from... but it's coming from Courtney, who has done nothing but cause drama for me.

When someone finds a stray on the road and calls me to take it, because I was the local "rescue"... yes, the dog would come in on a "if it fits in, it'll stay... if not, I'll find it a proper home" I guess I don't see what's wrong with that? If my home is the right home for it, why not keep it? But if it's not, why not find it the proper home? That's all I did. I was young, inexperienced, and probably in over my head... but I placed a lot of dogs in GOOD homes, and I don't regret that one bit.

My vet recommended I not bring him in, because he was already in the process of dying. He was unresponsive, and his blood pressure was so low she wouldn't have been able to find a vein to do anything anyways. It's at least a 30 minute drive to the vet, depending on traffic... based on my knowledge, and conferring with my vet... I kept him comfortable in his final moments, if he could even recognize what was going on. I find it DEPLORABLE that this situation is being brought up over and over, like I have no heart and it doesn't hurt me to have to keep talking about my puppy that died. God **** you guys.

No, I do not. But based on when everyone is saying the other pictures were taken... something in their method isn't reliable. I don't know WHEN those pictures were taken, but I know mine were NOT taken when the computer is saying they were (which I have found happens all the time)

No, the puppy in the pictures RC posted is absolutely too thin.
but the computer jsut choosing the RIGHT day to make the date. Coincidences happen but thats one hell of one. DOg looks like yours, looks the right size for age (besides weight) and timestamp is right.

Well, honestly... regardless of who it came from, the pictures are what they are and show what they show. It's just really hard for me to believe that the puppy was returned in good condition based on both your pictures and the breeder's pictures. If you have an alternative explanation, I'd love to hear it.

Yes but if you're implying that the breeder faked their time/date stamp... with a growing puppy, you don't exactly have time to set up an elaborate frame-up/hoax and back-date photos. If that's even possible, I don't really have any idea.

Teal

...ice road...
When you return a dog for being exactly what its breed calls for? This is why so many of us threw up terrified arms when Jairi considered Malinois.

You can't handle a Fila wanting your attention? Try a malinois, they are constantly seeking a way to climb in your skin sack.

Not to mention many of the dogs in question were "adoptions" from rescue, not purchased and returned. I think she returned two to breeders?

**** happens, I get that. I just don't think we'll ever see eye to eye on that.

I also don't think that puppy is healthy but I'm not seeing Jairi agree there either.

Excuse me for not being prepared for THAT level of shadowing by a dog. You have to experience things in order to know if you can handle them or not, correct? I have dogs that are "clingy"... but I don't have dogs who can't stand to let me leave their sight. I didn't realize that is what I was signing up for. I made a mistake. I returned the dog to his breeder. End of story.

What dogs did I adopt from rescues? I WAS the rescue here, for years.

Yes, I have already said I returned two puppies to breeders - The Fila puppy, and a Saluki puppy.

What do you think happened? How can the inconsistencies possibly be explained? Because it can't be true that you returned him in good condition and that a few days later he was emaciated, and if she has pictures of him emaciated, then... it's hard for me to really see another explanation other than that she got him that way.

Maybe because... you contacted her about a month ago to ask about him?

What do I think happened? I don't have a bloody clue. Sorry, I wasn't prepared to have all this dumped on me so I don't have any answers pre-thought out!

Yes, I contacted her to ask about him. I felt terrible for so horribly misunderstanding the level of a Fila's devotion, and for not being able to come to terms with it and having to return him. He was a great little puppy without any issues, except that he wasn't the right puppy for ME. Simple as that.

Red Chrome

I do know Dianna had surgery. It is in my original post with the pictures. Maybe that's why..maybe she felt horrible for putting one of her babies in a house that would let him get like that. IDK. I do know...her number is on her website....call her and ask.

I also know a dog doesn't get like that in 2 days and a breeder like Dianna doesn't let her dogs get like that. The 2 pictures Jairi posted tell me those pics I posted are of him. He doesnt look good in Jairi's pics of him rright before he went back to the breeder.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Semantics? No, it's called proper sentence structure and applying a quote to context.

I have smacked my dog (Chevelle) with the leash before. (When she was about 4 months...now she is 18 months.)

I have popped my dog (Malyk) on the nose (with my hand) before to get his attention.

Never have I popped my dog on the nose with the leash. So, before someone makes an accusation, they should get their **** straight.
You're right. That is SO different.

Teal

...ice road...
There is a way to check the meta data on photos, meh.. it can be a pain and some digging but every digital photo has it.

Well then maybe you'd like to do it. Because I don't know a thing about the dates on photos, except that I've tried to look at the date in the "Info" thingy on the computer on photos that got uploaded to Photobucket without dates, and it never seems right.

but the computer jsut choosing the RIGHT day to make the date. Coincidences happen but thats one hell of one. DOg looks like yours, looks the right size for age (besides weight) and timestamp is right.

I don't think Facebook is lying about when I uploaded those pictures to it. So okay, maybe take 3 days off.. let's say I was SUPER busy and it took overly long to edit and upload. So that's what... 5 days then?

Well, honestly... regardless of who it came from, the pictures are what they are and show what they show. It's just really hard for me to believe that the puppy was returned in good condition based on both your pictures and the breeder's pictures. If you have an alternative explanation, I'd love to hear it.

Yes but if you're implying that the breeder faked their time/date stamp... with a growing puppy, you don't exactly have time to set up an elaborate frame-up/hoax and back-date photos. If that's even possible, I don't really have any idea.

I don't have an alternative explanation. I showed what pictures I have of the puppy, and have been nothing but honest and forthcoming to the rude and asinine attacks I've come under in this thread.

I don't have an alternative explanation. I showed what pictures I have of the puppy, and have been nothing but honest and forthcoming to the rude and asinine attacks I've come under in this thread.
Well then I don't know what to tell you. Because based on the pictures alone I'm inclined to believe the breeder.

Barbara!

Also, in my experience, a young puppy certainly CAN reach that condition in only a couple or a few days.

And, in reference to allowing an animal to die peacefully at home... I have allowed four different animals to pass while in my home and not at the vet. Sue me.

SkyRock

Date change is not something that happens all the time, especially to a professional photographer. I am not a photographer myself but I have worked in a studio with professional photographers and it is not something that happens ALL THE TIME. Even if you edit a picture, the original data remains, like date picture was taken, opening of the lense, camera used, when the last editing took place, etc.

And I would like to know your opinion on what happened to the puppy to get SO thin in 48 hours, just your opinion on what happened nothing more.

Members online

No members online now.