The Venting Thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
There is a chance of rain Saturday. Hannahs party is outside and i don't have an indoor place to have the party. PLEASE.... Don't rain

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
seizures suck. i hate watching him flop/twitch/chew/jerk/look blankly at me and hear **** and having the doctors stop his breathing (side effect from drugs) in order to save him.

i hate it and want to rage , but i cant there is no one to rage at , which in turn makes me even more full of rage. i cry nightly when everyone else sleeps cause i am there rock and cant afford to crumple.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
seizures suck. i hate watching him flop/twitch/chew/jerk/look blankly at me and hear **** and having the doctors stop his breathing (side effect from drugs) in order to save him.

i hate it and want to rage , but i cant there is no one to rage at , which in turn makes me even more full of rage. i cry nightly when everyone else sleeps cause i am there rock and cant afford to crumple.
:( I'm sorry, your child?

RD

Are you dead yet?
It's rainy and I'm on my 8th day of this horrible flu thing, which seems to have plateaued at that "might be getting better, but not sure" state. I hate it because my airways feel constricted and I freak out over not being able to breathe.

Also I'm budgeting my money this paycheck and am aghast at how little I actually make compared to how much I need to spend and save. I feel like I'm working all the time and making 0 progress on moving out of this job.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
:( I'm sorry, your child?
Thank You and Yes it is Caleb the 13 yr old. He has had Epliepsy since he was 3.
Begining of this year they have started changing and getting harder to stop . So basically they give him so much med to stop the seizure that it also stops his breathing.

I just hate the world and know it is no ones fault , but i want something to blame so i have something to fight against.

I hate hearing him tell me he needs a new brain this one is broken.

i can only vent here as no one it affects come here to see me not handling it well.

darkchild16

We are Home.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))

lower case.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
:( I can't imagine, I have had a dog with seizures and that was stressful enough. Thoughts and prayers to you and your son, what a terrible thing to have to go through.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
thanks Bre and Adrianne ,

Most of the time he is just Caleb , my weird teen son who lives his life like it is the movies.
He was well controlled (like years between seizures) for a long time , but recently they have changed and are getting worse .

I should be used to it , and for the most part i am , except for right after a breakthru and it is apparent my little kid aint right.

uggg , but at least he is alive and kicking

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I have to go grocery shopping, but my dad called and asked I go into work tonight to help him run the bingo, which means I'll be buying dinner there, so I have no want to go buy food. Blargh.

Thank You and Yes it is Caleb the 13 yr old. He has had Epliepsy since he was 3.
Begining of this year they have started changing and getting harder to stop . So basically they give him so much med to stop the seizure that it also stops his breathing.

I just hate the world and know it is no ones fault , but i want something to blame so i have something to fight against.

I hate hearing him tell me he needs a new brain this one is broken.

i can only vent here as no one it affects come here to see me not handling it well.
You DO handle it well. (((((((HUGS)))))))

You are not spiteful or vindictive. You do not lash out at other people. You do not want other people to be miserable so that you can feel better. You are gracious and thoughtful. You are caring and have great empathy and compassion. You carry yourself with grace and humor. <3

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know your doctors are probably more equipped at this than I am, but have they said it's because of puberty? I know my co-worker's daughter had seizures (not caused by epilepsy though) that were previously under control and they came back full force when she hit puberty, because of all the hormones. I think she is now on birth control to keep them in check... I don't know what they would be able to do for a male... =< But maybe once he has gone through puberty and his hormones have settled at adult levels his seizures will be easier to control again? I don't know.

((((((HUGE HUGS))))))
You live a life with struggles that many, even other parents, cannot possibly imagine. You are far stronger than you may realize just because you get up every day and live. You are their rock because of that strength. Your tears at night don't erode that strength or make you weak.

Lyzelle

I'm so sorry, Bogart. Hopefully they even out as he ages, and neither you or him will have to go through the pain you each endure. Major hugs. :(

DON'T TELL PEOPLE NOT TO LOOK AT SOMETHING! shesh. ^^

That made my arm hurt... :p
Yeah, well, it hurt every bit as much as I thought it would!

Straight lidocaine in the arm is a bitch. Didn't feel the actual implant, though.

Until she said, "Oh, that's never happened to me before!" Bitch, WHAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU BEFORE? "Your body spit it back out."

Where's the fainting smiley?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
And: Who keeps rating threads? ^^ Like the good news thread has one star, but the venting thread has 4? what? ^^
ahahaha RIGHT? I don't even remember which, but a thread I made got rated 5 stars or however many, the other day, and it gave me a happy :p

Wait, was that supposed to be in the good news thread? I'M SO CONFUSED.

YES!

People who post incorrectly really tick me off. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

:rofl1:
yah well... I USED TO LIKE YOU.

:p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Yeah, well, it hurt every bit as much as I thought it would!

Straight lidocaine in the arm is a bitch. Didn't feel the actual implant, though.

Until she said, "Oh, that's never happened to me before!" Bitch, WHAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO YOU BEFORE? "Your body spit it back out."

Where's the fainting smiley?
OMG. I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but I am cracking up at that.
Are you sore now that it's in? Keep us updated on how you like it... I might consider it in the next few years here. It would be nice to not have to keep going to the doctor for an injection every 10-odd weeks.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
OW Rene I love you!

And Lyzelle , thanks I appreciate all the kindness i can get!.

Beanie , we are looking into the Hormone angle typically it is more prominent in girls , but
with his being so severe she is checking everything she can think of. The last EEG came back abnormal , and we are going to do another one next month when he is stabler and the med jack up is finished.

I am terrified of the trigger changing to ones that are visual , flashing lights , computers screens , video games , etc , all those things teen boys LOVE! And thank you so much for the kindness , i feel so alone in this unless i am with chris or chatting here about it.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Savannah might have acid reflux shes now on Zantac and SImilac neosure because she didnt gain as much as she was suppossed to.

I just wish she would thrive well enough on my breastmilk. The formula makes her sick and in pain but otherwise she doesnt gain weight.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
Savannah might have acid reflux shes now on Zantac and SImilac neosure because she didnt gain as much as she was suppossed to.

I just wish she would thrive well enough on my breastmilk. The formula makes her sick and in pain but otherwise she doesnt gain weight.
OW I am so sorry , my nieace had acid reflux and it was horrid.
totally up to you , but the only thing that would help her was to thicken the formula with cereal , Danialle was 3 month old when we started , and the doc tried everything before recommending it , i know it is your for a baby to have semi solids , but it was only tbs to 8 oz formula.

just throwing it out there , HUGS

Lyzelle

DC, maybe try a goat's milk formula? Or perhaps just whole milk mixed with a bit of yogurt and mashed baby food? I remember my brother was a very sickly, colicky baby on formula (my mom didn't BF). We switched him to smoothies of milk and baby food and he thrived. We called him "Moose on the Loose" because he gained SO much weight.

OMG. I'm sorry, that's disgusting, but I am cracking up at that.
Are you sore now that it's in? Keep us updated on how you like it... I might consider it in the next few years here. It would be nice to not have to keep going to the doctor for an injection every 10-odd weeks.
Nope, they gave me a LOT of lidocaine. After the initial feeling of having every nerve in your arm seared into white-hot burning nothing, there's no pain.

I think she hit my ulnar nerve. It's been well over an hour now, and I'm still completely numb.

I'll keep you updated, though!

Members online