The Official "What are you reading" Thread

It's been too long -- going back and re-reading Hesse. Need to replace Sidharttha and Demian (my favorite) as they have managed to disappear. They were nice hardcovers. I suspect they went to San Francisco as props :rolleyes:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher. I got the first two of the series for Christmas (along with a few other books) and I let them til last because when I started to read Furies of Calderon it just didn't click with me. So I put it down and gave it a break, and I'm glad I did, because the series is awesome!

Miakoda

I paid $29.99 for all 4 A Game of Thrones books for my nook. I didn't think the price was that bad.

Just finished Everything Beautiful Began After, it had a nice classic lit vibe to it for a contemporary book. Now I am reading Entwined, I am on a mini fairy tale bender right now.

Miakoda

I'm about to start the third book. I like it, but I don't find myself getting pulled in like I love having happen. I dunno. In some areas it's too wordy. In others it moves sloooooowly. And I'm going to be pissed if the people I like end up all getting killed off (should that happen, I don't see myself continuing to read).

On another note, I saw the first episode of the HBO series. I must say that I'm impressed. It seems to follow the books pretty well, and I like the a tors chosen for the parts (well, except for Jon Snow...he should've definitely been hotter).

Red.Apricot

I read The Other End of the Leash for the first time this weekend; wonderful.

I'm also reading Parasite Rex right now; totally spooky! and Living with the Dead, which is fluffy fun-reading.

I'm going to read Salt, which is a history of salt, next. :D

K

Kaydee

The Awesome books which deserve their own thread

"Midnight Express" for people who like nonfiction suspense. I read it when it came out in the mid-70's. Still an amazing story now, about an American student named Billy Hayes. He tried to smuggle hash out of Turkey and spent years in their jail system before escaping. An intense read but very well written.

yoko

I'm reading License to Pawn. It's insanely interesting and makes me even more of a fan after reading what the family went through before the show came on.

Miakoda

I'm on the fifth book in the "Game of Thrones" series. Heeeeelllllppppp meeeee.....! It's so slow, I just can't get into it. I'm on page 400, and I swear all those pages could've been condensed into 50 pages.

Someone...anyone...please tell me it gets better.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I'm on the fifth book in the "Game of Thrones" series. Heeeeelllllppppp meeeee.....! It's so slow, I just can't get into it. I'm on page 400, and I swear all those pages could've been condensed into 50 pages.

Someone...anyone...please tell me it gets better.

It gets much better!!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Augh, I feel like a super nerd. Found a copy of The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine at half price books yesterday and am working through that. There's a lot of that stuff I feel like I should read but haven't gotten to yet.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I'm currently reading "Broken" by Karin Slaughter. It's my second novel by her. Crime genre. She has a recurring character who is a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent who also is dyslexic.

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I'm currently reading "Broken" by Karin Slaughter. It's my second novel by her. Crime genre. She has a recurring character who is a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent who also is dyslexic.

I've yet to read any of hers, but she's super popular with our patrons.

I'm currently reading the Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick News. The first, The Knife of Never Letting Go, was amazing and left me weeping in spots. The second, The Ask and the Answer, was good but not as emotional. I've just started the third.

K

Kaydee

Augh, I feel like a super nerd. Found a copy of The Rights of Man by Thomas Paine at half price books yesterday and am working through that. There's a lot of that stuff I feel like I should read but haven't gotten to yet.
Actually quite relevent in this day and age, for some light reading may I suggest Voltaire?

Romy

Taxiderpy
Actually quite relevent in this day and age, for some light reading may I suggest Voltaire?
That's what I'm finding. I'll check out his stuff next. If you've never read Benjamin Franklin's autobiography you should check it out. It's hilarious! I totally didn't expect that when I started it.

Members online

No members online now.