Caesar's nose

Caesar's nose is really dry and cracked and a lil inflamed. It seems like it's been gradually getting this way and now it seems to bother him a bit when it's touched.

Here's what it looks like... what do you guys think?

Is there something I should do about it? Should I just take him to the vet?
Thanks.

His appetite is ok, he's not lethargic.. he's acting normal. he doesn't have a runny nose or anything.

Maybe it's the food and water bowls. His are metal but Maggie's are plastic, and they both usually use hers for water.

grayada1

My moms dog has an autoimmune disease that caused her nose to dry/crack and get infected. Ill have to ask her about it, but I hope this is not the case for your dog!!!

bubbatd

I sure would ! There's a cause and there are too many salves . Maybe it only needs Vaseline , but I'd ask .

Luckytcb

I'd definitely go to the vet, better to be safe than sorry, especially if it is tender.

Thanks guys. I made an appointment for him :) He's never in his crate to rub it on there... and I just don't see an occasional drink out of a plastic bowl causing that. *shrugs*

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I knew a dog who got bacterial infections in his nose--I would vet just to check on it and make sure you are not making it worse.

Members online

No members online now.