pure Boxer?

Maxy24

This dog is coming to Save-A-Dog soon and is labeled a Boxer, we just adopted out her two pups Brooke and Lottie (who I loved), they looked like boxer pups when they were 8 weeks but at 3 months they looked like Boxer/pit bull/something mixes to me.

Anyways do you think this is a pure boxer and if not what else do you think could be in there?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
highly doubt shes a purebred boxer, id say boxer mix, and said mix is probably pitty/staffy or something similar...

the muzzle/jowles are too tight to be pure boxer.

theres somehting in those stunning big brown eyes that screams APBT...

she looks sooo sweet, yet sooo sad! i hope she finda s home soon, shes a prety young lady!

bubbatd

The head to body tells me that there's something else the . Cute though !!

Pops2

theoretically she COULD be a pure boxer. all breeds will occassionally produce throwbacks to an earlier type especially when scatterbred or early in a linebreeding program. the severe undershot common today was almost non existant prior the WWII, not only did they have longer stronger jaws but some even had a tight mouth (no flews or jowls). in fact early boxers had so many characteristics in common w/a good bull & terrier that several were pitted. the very few that did very well were added to the existing pit dog blood.
ETA: but i doubt she is pure boxer, if pure anything more likely a poorly bred "pit bull." still she looks like a sweet puppy.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
while i do agree that some throwbacks and older style boxers are very similar, i very hihgly doubt she is...its in the eyes.

Members online

No members online now.