Boxer mixed with what?

pop-girl

Hi, this is Sadie. We adopted her from a Shelter during Christmas and she has become a much loved member of our family.
My husband had really wanted a Boxer but I didn't want to spend the money on a pure breed, plus I really wanted to adopt a shelter puppy.
I finally got my husband to agree but it was under the condition that the puppy would be a Boxer mix, preferabley a Boxer/American Bulldog mix.
I did a search through Petfinder.com and finally found Sadie at a shelter in Orlando. Her mother was listed as a Boxer and her father was listed as an American Bulldog/Boxer mix.
Here she is as a puppy.

Now as Sadie gets older she looks less and less like a Boxer.

I am beginning to feel a bit dishonest when I tell people that she is a Boxer/American Bulldog mix.
I realize that she is still a beautiful dog and we would not trade her for anything. The only issue is that I did a lot of research on family dogs and what breeds are good with children. We are not experienced dog owners (this is our first) and the more info we have the better. Now that I'm not sure what type of dog she is, I'm not sure what kind of behaviors to expect.

My husband thinks she may have pit in her, a family friend says Jack Russel and a cousin suggested some type of hound.

Any guesses?

I know that I should expect the unexpected. I'm not so naive that I expect her to be a text book case of this breed or that breed. But I did read that hounds will hunt small animals, collies will sometimes try to heard your children like sheep and so on.... I guess that I just want to be prepared.

So please just humor the silly newbie and tell me....what kind of dog do you think I have?

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
First of all, you should not feel dishonest about telling people her mix. If you were *selling* her as such, then maybe you could, but otherwise, who cares what you say she is?? That's what you were told she was when you adopted her. I don't blame you for wanting to know what she might truly be a mix of, but you can call her whatever you want and not feel guilty!!!

Just my two cents -- I wouldn't rule out Collie x Boxer mix. :)

Members online