Warning Rant ahead!

Gypsydals

Why is it so difficult to find a behaviorist on the net in your state? I all I want is a list of dog behaviorists in Mid MI that are willing to do a home visit. And I can't seem to find any. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg

stardogs

Behavior Nerd

Gypsydals

The problem with traveling To them won't work because he doesn't display ANY of the behaviors outside of the house that I need help with.
But thank you for the lists I will be checking them out. Hopefully someone can and will be able to help me.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
IAABC might be your best bet for finding someone who can come to you. What type of behavior are you dealing with?

Gypsydals

IAABC might be your best bet for finding someone who can come to you. What type of behavior are you dealing with?
Pretty much aggression and an intense dislike towards a family member when they are in the house. Outside of the house the dog likes him.

Edited to add. I just sent an email to the closest behaviorist to me. Hopefully I will hear back from them. **fingers crossed**

Gypsydals

What do you guys think of this site?
Home
She offers a 4-session package. With the first session an evaluation and setting up a plan. Followed by 3 bi-weekly sessions that build upon the plan set up in session one. For $260 plus mileage.
So far she is the only one who has responded to my emails.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I would be willing to bet that this person uses more punishment based methods - they are members of IACP (CM is involved with IACP I think), they've been training SAR and police dogs, and there's no mention of continuing education (thought they do have a CPDT-KA).

If you want to pm me you location I can see if I can find someone with more credentials if you'd like.

Gypsydals

We have figured something out. Its not aggression in the traditional sense. You guys ready for this. Its BULLYING, bullying to the extreme:mad:. **** dog anyway. So now to figure out how to stop the bullying.

Gypsydals

Watching how he reacts to the kids interacting with him. And knowing my kids personalities. Why I didn't connect the dots earlier, I have no idea (ok so I didn't figure it out, my friend did). That and I had my son working with him on OB and heck I didn't even take my son seriously.

Members online

No members online now.