sisters

PFR01

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advise. We have beagle sisters. They are now over 12 weeks old and they do sleep in their own crates, also we take them for walks seperately, as well as together.
One of the pups when playing with her sister gets very vocal and starts growling very loudly. Her tail is still wagging and she isn't even biting her sister, at times. What I do is shush her and she stops the growling, or I will go and break it up, calm her down and then shes ok. Is this the right way to be correcting her and do you think she will out grow this?

PFR01 said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advise. We have beagle sisters. They are now over 12 weeks old and they do sleep in their own crates, also we take them for walks seperately, as well as together.
One of the pups when playing with her sister gets very vocal and starts growling very loudly. Her tail is still wagging and she isn't even biting her sister, at times. What I do is shush her and she stops the growling, or I will go and break it up, calm her down and then shes ok. Is this the right way to be correcting her and do you think she will out grow this?
Does she hunch down on her front legs with her rump in the air while she's doing this like she's getting ready to pounce? Just from your brief description it sounds to me like she's trying to get her sibling to play more aggressively. My first dog was a beagle mix. I think you'll enjoy them. Your local rabbits won't:D

PFR01

Yes she does that also with the butt in the air. I've noticed she isn't growling as much, since I started correcting her. I will let them play all they want, but once I see her getting crazy I take her and hold her to calm her down. Then she's fine.
They have such different personalities. We only have one wild rabbit around right now, but their starting to chase the birds.

Members online