This isn't exactly about rescue but...i'm thinking of starting an organization.

milos_mommy

i got this idea when i was a young child, but never had the means to make it happen.

a group that educates to-be dog owners about the care and responsibilities of being a pet owner, and matches shelter dogs to families looking to adopt a new member. a lot of uneducated people don't know about purebreed rescues, and if they're looking for a purebred, even if just as a pet, go to a breeder or (uugh) petstore. a lot of people are too lazy to read and research on their own, and many dog books are filled with outdated and irrelevant information. through a complex series of questions, from basic "do you have children or other pets" to "what kind of hobbies are you interested in", this group will help make sure dogs that go into new homes, stay in new homes.

someone give me an idea where to start, who to contact, how to possibly raise money for a good website, etc.

thanks,
Alex.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
that is a great idea! I've always wanted to do something like this, or start my own rescue, or pet shop.. (well not really a pet shop more of a dog shop, everything will be for dogs.. :p)

I'm not quite sure what you could do, maybe first you should start out small..maybe work with a certain rescue at first and then widen the organization slowly...

GOOD LUCK!!
I'll cross my fingers for you!

Members online

No members online now.