The Venting Thread

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.
Definitely this. I didn't get into my school, but it was because it's super competitive, I didn't apply by the priority deadline, and they screwed my paperwork up. I submitted again and got in the following semester. I would call and ask, it may be something as simple as misplaced paperwork or not applying soon enough.

Do you have a degree from the community college? In Maryland you have guaranteed acceptance into a state school if you completed a degree at a Maryland community college. Maryland Transfer Advantage, I think. There may be something comparable for your state.

Locke

Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.
This!!

I was in a similar situation a couple years ago. The program was competitive, but I applied as soon as acceptance opened, and had all they required and more.
When I didn't hear back, I was really surprised. So I called, and it turns out that one of the required grades was missing from my transcript!!

I sent in the paper work again and was accepted immediately.

Doesn't hurt to check!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I have gained 10 pounds. No exercise plus bad eating habits. Totally am not happy, especially if I keep gaining. So, I got my leather leash from Mom's house to start walking Cynder with and I'm watching my eating habits. Not the food, specifically, just portion control.

Me no likely. I want to munch and nibble. *whine*

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Usually I'm pretty good at figuring out how to speak in somebody's language... how to phrase something (or re-re-re-phrase something) so they understand me.

But usually it's not a chronic problem. Like EVERY time I try to communicate with somebody. Who I HAVE to communicate with multiple times on a daily basis. And every single conversation seems to be ridiculously hard. I know the problem isn't me... I'm not the only one struggling to communicate with this individual... but I'm the only one who has to communicate multiple times a day, and it's starting to slowly drive me insane.
Very very not good.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ugh...

Driving home and I spotted a dog on the side of the road. I pulled over onto a side street and got out. Stood maybe ten feet back trying to call it and see if it would come to me, I didn't want to chase it because it was literally right on the side of a US highway. He didn't come to me and started going down the road towards my street, so I turned to get back in my car and just follow him down the road and see if he wouldn't go down my street, maybe I could coax him into the yard...
At that moment a guy on a bike went by and he chased the guy for maybe 15-20 feet, then stopped - but he was on the opposite side of the road now. I didn't want to go across the road for my own safety and again, I didn't want the dog to run from me into the road.

I was keenly aware I was potentially about to see the dog get run over. I just hoped. People were slowing down and being careful. The dog started to cross the road and come back to my side of the street.

Then it happened.

A white SUV hit him. He flopped over, paused for a second, then immediately started screaming and ran off down the road on three legs. I ran for my car, jumped in, and drove around to try and find him. I went up the road he ran down and saw a lady on her cellphone, a couple in an Equinox, and two boys pointing down the road... I assumed she was calling somebody. The Equinox drove off, I think they were trying to follow him. I drove around... no dice.

Came home, grabbed the animal control number, and set off walking. I was hoping to find him and have animal control meet me and pick him up to take him somewhere. The dispatch lady told me somebody else had already called it in and there was an officer already in the area. I told her I was worried somebody would approach him and he would bite since he is obviously injured. The cops are supposed to call and talk to me since I saw it happen. They haven't called yet. I saw the cop car while out walking but I didn't want to gawk and look - I don't think they found him.

I'm so upset. Maybe I should have tried a bit more to get him before the guy on the bike went by. I could have maybe saved him.

I can't believe that douchebag just hit him. They didn't even TRY to slow down. And then they just kept going. They were too far away for me to get a plate number or even the make of the vehicle. I hope the person behind him got the plates and called it in...

Saeleofu

I got Les Mis from a RedBox on Saturday Night. I'm not even halfway through it. It's TERRIBLE and I keep falling asleep. And that's sad, because I'm a HUGE Les Mis fan. At least I'll get to see the musical on stage over the summer.

I got Les Mis from a RedBox on Saturday Night. I'm not even halfway through it. It's TERRIBLE and I keep falling asleep. And that's sad, because I'm a HUGE Les Mis fan. At least I'll get to see the musical on stage over the summer.
So was I, until I was subjected to the cockney accents and Russell Crowe's "singing" in this version. Luckily I've already seen it on stage... If it makes you feel any better, there is a pretty **** satisfying scene near the end and your ears will catch a break. :rofl1:

lizzybeth727

I was depressed for like a week after I saw it. I didn't know anything about the story and, despite the obvious warning in the title, the story was much more upsetting than I had expected. On top of that I was a bit dissappointed in how the movie was made - Russel Crowe? Seriously? - etc. And on top of THAT, EVERYONE I knew LOVED the movie, thought it was actually the greatest piece of cinema ever made. So I was depressed because I thought I just had really bad taste.

Then I read the review in Entertainment Weekly and felt much better.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
.. Watched something remotely "scary"... not even. But now I'm freaked out. Wth. Seriously.. Why must I be so dumb about these things?!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I finished out the month a HALF deal shy of where I needed to be to hit my bonus level. A measly HALF. :wall:

I could have had it too, if this one guy hadn't walked in 30 minutes before my appointment. I was tied up with him and had to pass off my appointment to a co-worker. Or, if I hadn't just gone on my fabulously awesome vacation, I would have surpassed my goal.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Members online

No members online now.