Sports

GipsyQueen

What kind of sports do you do?

I've decided that I NEED to do SOMETHING. I can't decide on what though :p I'm not really into things like basketball - since I'm generally not very coordinated with balls. I did play volleyball for a while though.
I like things like ground gymnastics or tae bo - but I'd like to do something new - I also need something I'll actually stick to (unlike jogging :eek: )
What sports do you play? :)

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
I used to play softball competitively, but haven't since I graduated high school. I'm thinking about trying out for a slow-pitch team or get my church to start their own slow-pitch league. It would take some major adjustments for me because I am used to fast-pitch, but it'd still be fun! :D

Other then that, I don't really do much sports competitively. I do play a lot of sports though... kickball, volleyball, tennis, swimming, frisbee golf, etc. Some I'm pretty good at (i.e. kickball and swimming) and some I'm terrible at (i.e. tennis and frisbee golf), but it is always a blast!

I love playing sports! Thinking about going to the rec center and playing some softball tomorrow, I miss it so much.

Snark

Mutts to you
Have you tried fencing? There are 3 different weapons - foil, epee and sabre. I primarily fence sabre but don't mind playing with the epee folks. I stay away from foil since I really suck at it.

Our club has hobby fencers and competitive fencers, it just depends on how much the person wants to commit to the sport. Age doesn't matter either; there's an older lady in the club, she started with her grandson when he was about 11 (she was 64). She's 85 now and still fences; she competes in the Masters (senior) division and complains about having to fence the youngsters (75 and under). She's a pistol... :D

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I am taking a few martial arts classes (mixed martial arts) at school and I am very happy with it :) great work out, fun, useful and you don't have to wear those fugly white robes like in traditional karate classes

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I use to play soccer (junior varsity and varsity), fast pitch softball, and did a little bit of hip hop dancing classes.

I LOVE to run and dance. So I knew what I wanted to do when it came to sports lol.

I wish I could of gone on to do competition dancing but soccer was more important to me.

Locke

I play basketball, ultimate frisbee and take karate (at my dojo, you only have to wear "fugly white robes" (aka gi) until you reach your yellow belt, which is your second level belt. After that you get a red gi and then a black gi).

I find ultimate and karate to be the most physically demanding. With ultimate you're pretty much running for your entire shift, and depending on how many subs/lines you have, that can end up being the entire game! With karate though, you're engaging all your muscle groups and get a great full body work out. The one thing I struggled with at karate was pushing myself to my limit. I often just gave up when I felt tired and would go half assed and not get much out of it. I didn't have teammates that relied on me, so I didn't care. Then I realized I needed to do it for myself, and I vastly improved in mind, body and spirit.

MicksMom

You'd be surprised how much excercise you get doing recess with 3rd and 1st graders and working in Kindergarten. LOL And hubby & I play volleyball pretty much every week.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
I play Volleyball, Softball, and Basketball for the high school, and I'm also on a club volleyball team. I also play Ultimate Frisbee for fun with a group of college aged people whenever they get together.

Ultimate is the funnest game in the world. I'm just saying. Its an awesome workout, and you don't have to be coordinated, at least not that much.

GipsyQueen

Everyone's so sporty. :p I really need something I stick to. o_O I think I need a sport buddy to motivate me. :rofl1:

K

Kristen1980

Beach volleyball :D I used to be in Gymnastics all through childhood and in high-school. I love to watch it and hope Cardyn can start soon.

Swimming! I was also on the local swim team all through out my childhood. I'm a natural fish and love the water!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Archery gives you a really good workout, if you have a place to go shooting. I really like target shooting with rifles. Fishing and kayaking are pretty awesome too. I'm so bummed because somebody brought in some gross invasive weed that infested our favorite lake and now it's closed to boating. :(

shazbot

not so newby
The main sports I play are softball and ice hockey. I play in 3 leagues for softball, 1 a beer league where we don't take it to seriously, the other 2 are highly competive, one team travels, we play in nationals and make it the World Series in Florida.

I took up hockey about 5 yrs ago and LOVE the sport. It's fast paced and great exercise. I play on a women's team and also play on a coed team.

I do other misc sports also, like martial arts, flag football etc, that's just keep me busy though.

Members online

No members online now.