Fajita's Puppies!!

wolfsoul

I Love My Belgian
They are so cute! :) I love the runt's colours.

Eyes usually open around two weeks, give or take. My pup's eyes opened at 8 days, but he's a fast developer.

mninh0076

Oh yes, she is definately definately getting spayed.

Puppy raising is Not for me. It was cute for a couple days, but im one of those over protectives and i get stressed everytime one cries lol.

Definately not doing this again.

but yes the dad is actually a chihuahua too, he is actually smaller than the mom by about 2 or 3 lbs. hes tinyyy

Ashlea

Cuties! I would kiss them all to bits!!!
I am so glad that you took the advice of some of the extreemly knowlegable people here on Chaz. Kudos for you!

mninh0076

:-\ i think the runt is either blind or mentally handicapped. were going soon to get wormed and shots so i guess the vet will have to tell me

:-\ he doesnt play much and just kinda wanders and gets lost and starts crying

and he is aggressive

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
:-\ i think the runt is either blind or mentally handicapped. were going soon to get wormed and shots so i guess the vet will have to tell me

and he is aggressive
Awww, that's sad. i hope he's ok. :(

But I have to say I was freaked out because I thought you said:

":-\ i think the vet either blind or mentally handicapped. were going soon to get wormed and shots so i guess the vet will have to tell me

and he is aggressive"

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
eyes should open at around 14 days, but if there wandering you already foudn that out lol.
Unfortunatly chihuahuas (especially the litter runts) are prone to water on the brain, it can cause dissorientation, seizures, blindness and agresive behaviours...unfortunatly the result if thats the case is not usually a happy one.
let us know what the vet says...
I hope things turn out for the better and im glad youll be getting your female spayed!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
on Hydrocephalus (water on the brain)

The types of signs seen with this condition include unthriftiness (smaller than littermates, slow to grow), a domed skull (which gradually becomes more pronounced), abnormal movement behaviours (restlessness, aimless walking), problems with vision, and seizures. These pups are very slow to learn - it may be extremely difficult to housetrain them for example.

Generally the signs gradually worsen, although by 2 years of age they may stabilize. To minimize brain damage, the condition must be recognized and appropriate treatment begun early. However, affected animals will likely always be slow and have a limited ability to learn.

bubbatd

Poor baby !!! And poor you too .......... you've been through enough. Glad you've learned so much through your errors though to pass on to others. (( Hug ))

nancy2394

I wonder if they would put a shunt in a dog like they would a baby who is born with hydrocephalus. I hope the pup is okay. They are all adorable.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
Sometimes they will, it all depends on how the puppy is doing and the degree of the problem...
Ive been lucky weve never had a litter with Hydrocephalus, but a breeder frined of my grandfathers lost 3 pups out of one litter to it, and another litter he had one female survive and she had to be put to sleep at 2 years because no matter how many shunts they did the fluid kept building...

Ashlea

Awww, poor little puppy, that must be heart breaking. Didn't Mom try and injure the runt though? Isn't that a sign that something is amiss?

Members online

No members online now.