Above Ground Swimming pool

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
One of the houses I really like has one of these and it takes up all the yard. How hard are they to remove? Love the house, it's adorable but that yard! No no no no pools.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
It depends on the type - my neighbours took one down that is that big silver-y type. It wasn't that big of a deal, he just had to drain it and then take it apart. In the space where it was sitting, he had put down a bunch of sand to make the ground level, so if there's sand underneath you might have to remove all that. My neighbour actually just wheelbarrowed it all into the center and made a firepit.

Brattina88

Yah, what she said

:rofl1:

Yeah I know that wasn't totally helpful :p what I really meant to say is my friend removed her above ground pool. It wasn't hard - probably the hardest part for her was getting dirt, and getting the grass to grow. Also, she had a couple offers on the pool itself - I'm not sure if the one in the house you like, maybe it's something you could sell?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Our current house had one when we moved in.

It wasn't hard - probably the hardest part for her was getting dirt, and getting the grass to grow.
^This. Provided it isn't sitting on a concrete pad or something weird. Actually taking down the pool was easy. Taking down the deck attached to it was not (did you really need to plant the posts in THAT much concrete!?). And I've repurposed a fair bit of the materials.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
My parents actually bought their above ground pool from someone who didn't want it in their yard any longer. My dad and brother dismantled it, hauled it off, then set it up again in our yard.

So....yes, it is possible!

crazedACD

I haven't had one myself, but I would put an ad on Craigslist, free to whoever wants to remove it. I would expect you would get a good response?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
My parents bought a house with one of these... they found someone who wanted the pool, and the person broke it down and hauled it off in exchange for a free pool. Some of those above ground pools are pretty expensive so it's worthwhile for someone to haul it away for free.

The issue afterwards was that there was a ton of sand underneath, and the grass was of course dead.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
This one is definitely lots of sand. It's a strange setup. All the yard around the pool is sand and has a little outdoor furniture set that looks beach-ish. They advertised it as being 'your own private oasis away from the world'.

Which is cute.... but not me and does not lend itself well to agility equipment and dogs. :lol-sign:

I have 0 experience with these things so can't tell what kind of pool it is but it appears to be fairly nice from what I can tell.

Barb04

Super Moderator
We gave our pool away to a couple with kids.

We had lots of sand around our pool too. We hired a guy with a tiller so it mixed the sand into the soil below. We were able to put down grass seed & grow a new lawn without a problem.

Members online

No members online now.