Texutred vegetable protein?

Saeleofu

Soooooo...I have no idea what this is or what to do with it, but I have 2 bags of it. It was on sale for $1 a bag at Dillons, and I know I need more protein since I'm donating plasma twice a week and my protein levels have been steadily dropping.

So, any ideas what to do with it? :rofl1:

Pops2

it's basically bean curd (tofu) but may have the bean still in it instead of being just the soy milk curd.

Xandra

You'd think they could come up with a more appetizing name for it than that LOL

Being ignorant of this sort of thing, I looked it up. It looks like malformed rice crispies, so possibly it will taste good with milk.

Maybe find a tofu meatloaf recipe and use it in that, since it's pre-crumbled.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
That just sounds repulsive. 'Textured vegetable protein'? No word in that sentence even rhymes with tasty, much less is synonymous.

Saeleofu

That just sounds repulsive. 'Textured vegetable protein'? No word in that sentence even rhymes with tasty, much less is synonymous.

Well yeast extract doesn't sound exactly tasty either, but it's SO FREAKING GOOD! :rofl1:

"Meat"loaf sounds like a good idea...

Romy

Taxiderpy
When I was a super poor college student, I used to cook it with ramen. Then I discovered eggs poached in ramen is much tastier and just as cheap. :p

ETA: I used to make homemade chili with it too. Dried beans, spices, chop up an onion and stuff, add the TVP. Wow I'm sooo glad not to be a vegetarian any more. :rofl1:

Saeleofu

Lol I wouldn't survive very long as a vegetarian...and I would probably die of starvation if I was a vegan. I have a giant pot roast ready to go into the crockpot in the morning, I'm SO excited about it :rofl1:

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
When I was a super poor college student, I used to cook it with ramen. Then I discovered eggs poached in ramen is much tastier and just as cheap. :p

ETA: I used to make homemade chili with it too. Dried beans, spices, chop up an onion and stuff, add the TVP. Wow I'm sooo glad not to be a vegetarian any more. :rofl1:
Ramen egg drop carbohydrates....MMMMM. I love it, my kids do too.

Veggie protein? Sounds like a horse suppliment.

Members online

No members online now.