Does Anyone Else do This With Mixed Breeds?

Or am I just silly? I love the fancy show names that purebred people can pick for their puppies. Unfortunatly, I have never had a registered animal, and likely will not for a long time. So I made up names for our pets. For exampe
Lilly: StillandSilent's "No Shrinking Violet"
Radar: StillandSilents "Can You Hear me Now?"
Greystone: StillandSilent's "Tougher than Granite"
Argon: StillandSilent's "Elementary My Dear Watson"

If you haven't done it already, can you think of a fun name for your pet?

CaliTerp07

Hahaha, I love yours!

I posted this in the name thread, but we jokingly call Lucy "I Love Lucy Vite-a-meat-a-veg-amin of Eisenhower" (she came from a shelter on Eisenhower Avenue)

Labyrinth

I honestly don't really understand the extra name thing with registered dogs. I would think just one name was good enough for show, but of course I've never been into showing an animal either :p

No offense intended of course to anyone that shows animals, just not something I'd ever be in to :)

CaliTerp07

I honestly don't really understand the extra name thing with registered dogs. I would think just one name was good enough for show, but of course I've never been into showing an animal either :p

No offense intended of course to anyone that shows animals, just not something I'd ever be in to :)
I know ZERO about showing dogs, but I thought it was the same thing as the actor's unions...no two people can register the same name?

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
I have one registered dog and one rescue....

my registered dog is Maya, my doberman and her registered name is Life in The Fast Lane... lol she uhmm in incapable of being still, EVER! hehe

and my rescued dog is named Fancy (min poodle) but if I had to/ or could pick a registered name for her it would be Victoria's Diamond In The Rough becuase when we got her she wascovered in fleas, matted, stinky, and in bad need of a vet visit and a groom. When the groomer brought her out she was completely different... looked like an entirely different dog.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Ruby and Noodle don't have "fun" names unless you include their dubious nicknames :)

BUT...

I have to register Allie for her ILP, so her registered name will be:

Alruno Nose Best "Allie"

For her obsession of seeing the world with her nose instead of her eyes. :D

AND. I just realized....none of my girls are mixed lol. They are rescues, except for Noodle :rofl1:

My dog is not mixed (as far as I know) but is not registered either. If I was to register him it would probably be something like:

Blaze a rock'a'holic or somthing similier. I have no idea Im terrible with names as it is. And he is obsessed with rocks. any rocks, big or small. if at the park he gets bored, he will find a rock, and just bark at it lol

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
Sarama's CGC certificate says:

Sarama Dawn's Beauty . . . so in a sense, she DID get a fancy registered name!

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Alot of people we go agility with have mixed breeds. Are dogs that are barely resembling their real breed. They've all got fancy names too, they're actually what are printed on most certificates.

The long names have absolutely nothing to do with showing. It is only a name by which you register your dog with the AKC or the like. Typically the kennel name from which the puppy came from will be in the registered name either in the front or the end. Many times the bulk of the name will start with a letter that corresponds with litter letter, a way for the kennel to know at a glance which litter that particular puppy came from.

For example let's say your kennel is called Hot Spot Dalmations and this was your third litter (you might call this your "C" litter) a puppy name might be Hot Spot Carriage Dog. (I know, pretty lame, but it is just an example.) Sometimes the kennel buying the puppy, (let's say Stoneybrook Dals), will tag their kennel name on the end, so then it would be Hot Spot Carriage Dog Of Stoneybrook.

The call name is something different. You can call your dog anything you want and quite often has nothing to do with the registered name. Let's say the above example dog is called Fred by his family.

I hope this makes since.

Sher

Designed for Love
When I was a kid, we had a Collie that had a registered name of "Silver Wing Blue Duchess". We called her "Dutch".

BostonBanker

I prefer simple names to the fancy stuff. Tristan's show name is "Tristan". I, and several other people owning dogs from the same rescue and competing them, did add the rescue's name to Meg for her titles. So she is Random Rescue Meg CGC PD1 CP1.

Members online

No members online now.