Breed Guesses on Davey?

Tazwell

Hey,
I've noticed there's quite a few Aussie/BC/Sheltie people here. I wanted to know what you guys thought Davey might be. He's my current foster (And he's got quite a line-up of people waiting for him to get better so they can adopt him!). He's about 1.5 years old, or so the vet guesses. When I got him, he weighed 39lbs, and was very skinny. He has gained a substantial amount of weight since then. So maybe he'll max out at about 45-50lbs.

To me, he looks like an Aussie, but has different fur and a different body style. His body seems to be more like a BC to me... But then again, What do I know :p

mrose_s

BusterLove
you might be right about the aussie idea. i haven't met one myself yet but in pictures its seems like they have a much wider facial structure. then maybe like, a collie? and a BC?

he's a gorgeous dog anyway

Tazwell

See, I've had a lot of mixed answers-- Some people say mostly border collie, but most say Aussie. I even got a few (this is on a different forum) that said pure Aussie, with the tail!

Right now on Petfinder, he's listed as a Border collie mix. That was my first impression. However, now I'm thinking more Aussie than anything. I think my final answer will be Border collie/Aussie mix.

Dekka

Just try me..
lol how does it move. I find BC have a very different way of moving compared to aussies. I see a lot more BC there than aussie.

Tazwell

I'm not too familiar with the breeds that he's mixed with, otherwise this would be easier for me :p Maybe I'll take a video of him later, playing tennis, and I'll post it and let you guys decide what you think he is :)

Dekka

Just try me..
hmm I dont see any sheltie there... Just a BC with a non typical face. BCs do come in this colour.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I say Aussie/BC or even a tailed Aussie. I second the need for a video, that will say a lot.

RD

Are you dead yet?
If that dog has any BC in him, it's very well hidden. I see mainly Aussie, and for some resaon I am thinking Chow Chow with the broad muzzle and small ears.

Dekka

Just try me..
RD..I have met a pure BC (working lines) that looks to be that dogs twin..just the eyes are diff.

Members online

No members online now.