When you have a disagreement/fight with your SO...

How are disagreements gotten over at your house?

• A simple apology is enough.

Votes: 40 93.0%
  • Labor or service normally fixes the problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GIFTS!!! Who doesn't love gifts?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of the above.

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

CaliTerp07

When we took a marriage class at church, they actually recommended sleeping on arguments as a good problem solving strategy. The logic was that people think much more rationally in the mornings, and when you've had a few hours removed from the argument things seem clearer.

As for the original question, an apology is enough. Usually when I'm upset I need an hour to cool off and filter through the situation and figure out why I'm really upset (is it really the situation at hand? Or is it because it made me feel a certain way, struck a nerve with something from a former boyfriend or from my childhood, etc) After I've thought through the whole thing, we'll talk through it together using strategies learned in premarital counseling. So far, so good! We don't really argue that often.

GipsyQueen

An apology is enough on both ends. We don't fight though... we've had maybe one substantial fight since being together? MAYBE. We bicker alot though - and I can be kindof passiv aggressiv (Im working on that. ;) )

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
An apology is enough on both ends. We don't fight though... we've had maybe one substantial fight since being together? MAYBE. We bicker alot though - and I can be kindof passiv aggressiv (Im working on that. ;) )
Same here, I tend to be the "walking off muttering something " type which drives my OH up a wall when we bicker. I am thing to work on that

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Ryan and I really don't ever fight/argue.

Occasionally we (and by we I mean me) will say a sharp comment. But I feel bad, like, *instantly* and apologize.

We have only had one real, not resolved that hour, type of argument, and that was in like the 3rd month of our relationship when I was still in PA, and it was really more of a misunderstanding than anything. That was the ONE TIME, lmao.

I couldn't be in a relationship with a fighter. I don't even like when OTHER people fight, it makes me very uncomfortable. :eek: I also can't stand if I think people are mad at me, it makes me very uneasy.
This. I get snarky when I'm hungry or when Josh is being a retard, but we don't really fight. He's never mad at me (I HAVE NO IDEA HOW!). Because of the way I was treated by my dad, I tend to take things very personal and get extremely defensive, so it takes skill to talk to me logically. XD

We are normally really good a communicating about anything bothering us. We've only fought once, and that was in High School, so it doesn't count. Lol. Normally a hug fixes everything for me.

Members online

No members online now.