Macky had a seizure today

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Macky, staying true to herself. No matter what.

Thank god it was only a tampon and it's just so Macky.
RIGHT? Of COURSE it was a tampon. Macky's greatest temptation in life. :rofl1: She's such a pretty little lady dog with such disgusting habits.

yoko

Did that cause the seizure? Or was it not a seizure?

I'm glad to hear she's doing good! I'm happy and grossed out at the same time!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Just now seeing this...so glad she's okay!! But, omg, a tampon? ROFL!!

Doberluv

I'm also just now seeing this. OMG! How scary it was for a while. Glad it turned out to be nothing chronic and that she'll be okay. Yup....those tampons! Jose` and Chulita have gotten into those things a few times...very gross, dogs are. I bet you're so relieved.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Well, we're not out of the woods yet. Her kidney levels are still elevated. They suspect either Lepto (she's vaccinated because she at high risk with her love of swamps, but the vac only covers like 4 out of many strains) or that it's simply an effect of the tampons since they apparently contain bleach. They're upping her fluids and starting her on antibiotics. I'll let you know what happens.

Doberluv

Oh no! That doesn't sound so good. I hope she'll get past this, whatever is causing it. I'm so sorry I jumped the gun on that. I will be keeping you and Mackie in my thoughts.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Uh-oh. Hopefully flushing her with fluids for a few days will get her straightened back out.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yah, I'd imagine it would be the same dangers a human has if a tampon is in their body too Lon with the bleach and all... Hope she's ok!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
She ate and drank today! They're going to recheck her kidney function tomorrow morning and let us know. I hope she enjoyed her Hills canned food, LOL.

Members online