Transport help from Washington state to Buffalo, NY

I told his about the Cleo fiasco. Now he says we're not allowed to foster any filas. :rofl1: He didn't say anything about keeping one though....
Oh, I wouldn't call it a "fiasco" by any stretch. I'm just glad I get annoyed instead of scared, lol. Actually, it was a good experience for me, and I hope for Cleo as well. She seemed a lot less frantic and defensive when she left and it was an excellent proficiency check for me :)

joce

If we do end up driving this one I can cover northern Illinois/Indiana/into Ohio---3-5 hour radius. Could be more if necessary.....

I could pick up mid ohio to Pennsylvania. I live literally two minutes from the map quest travel plans:p

But it would all depend on when it is being done and my work schedule. and I just got called for jury duty on the 16th.

Or I could offer an overnight stay for someone making the trip.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
anyone have Bre's phone number? Romy--do you know how to get in touch with her to update her on this?

LilahRoot

If it comes anywhere near me (Bloomsburg, PA) and I know at least a week in advance so I can ask off work, I could help. Though looking at a map, that seems out of the way :/
Okay, this is really off topic, but NO WAY! I used to live in Bloomsburg!

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Hey guys! Sorry, very busy weekend! I will get Leo here, it'll be tough since we have 4 dogs here as it is. We've got a BC that showed up at our door and a very abused Lab mix here that my uncle bought from a lady he was doing work for and dropped off. I go to Bobby's house every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to jog with Leo.

Lorraine, do you remember Venture? The Eskimo you met that I was handling at the Seattle show? He was the dog I was going to be handling and she might be dropping out of the show now. Either way, we can meet this weekend, whether it be Merry Moore Park or whatever we can figure something out. I'll tell Bobby the plan tommorow and get Leo ASAP. I can look around for his vet records although his house is TRASHED, I'll try my hardest. He does have all of his shots. He has NO stuff except for a harness and a leash. I'll give you that with him. I thought I gave you my phone number before, but I'll PM you it now in case anyone needs it in the future.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Thanks!

It looks like my brother in law is going to be house hunting in Seattle while he's here. Robert's going up to pick him up from Seattle some time on Friday, I'm thinking maybe we could arrange to meet when that happens if Venture is dropped from the show (he's such a cute little fluffball!). I'll know more details as the week moves on.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Speaking of Venture his owner got another little fluffball :p A female named Abby! I'm sure you'll be meeting her soon, too. ;) She's not as shy as he is.

Pam111

That would be great if you can find the vet records. If not, can you call the vet to get a copy? Then the health certificate visit won't be a big deal at all and I'd hate to get him shots he doesn't need.

I'm still not sure how to fill out an application for transport through Operation Roger. He'll be with Romy to be picked up but where do I ask them to bring him? All the way here? This is confusing for me. I'm sorry. We'll need to get together on a chat program or something and figure these things out for filling it out...names, addresses, phone numbers, dates, etc.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
The operation Roger people are very dedicated. Yes, tell them where you want him taken, and they will work with you to get him as close as possible.

Pam111

Romy, I thank you so much for helping and I hate to ask another thing of you but if you use your own crate and I send it back, I'd still have to buy him a crate for here anyway, so would it possible for me to pay pal you the money to buy him a crate I could keep or maybe I could order one to be sent to you or something like that?

ACooper

Where are we on the transporting end? FINALLY! A transport that might actually go through N. Indiana, LOL

Pam111

These are the things Operation Roger requires to transport a pet

Each pet, whether from an individual or from a shelter/rescuer, must have a current SHOT RECORD and a current HEALTH CERTIFICATE (satisfying the laws of the importing state) from a veterinarian in order to transport across state lines. This also applies to transports from or between individuals, animal rescue/releasing agencies, or animal shelters as defined by USDA requirements. You must also read and comply with the USDA importing requirements (very important) of the state into which this pet is being transported (final destination). The Rabies tag must be attached to the collar of the pet before it is delivered to the driver. The SHOT RECORD and HEALTH CERTIFICATE are NOT the same thing.

PLEASE make sure your pet is ready for travel...that is, groomed...clean! A recent bath preferably! Our driver's have the right to not take the pet if they determine it is unfit/too dirty, flea or tick infested, etc, to be in their truck. If you would not put this pet in your bed, you should not expect our drivers to put it in their working/eating/sleeping quarters.

1. Minimum 10 days of food they are accustomed to eating. This will help prevent digestive problems. Water would also be appreciated.
2. If a puppy, or a nervous type of pet, please provide at least 2 packages of 32 of age related puppy pads. Driver experience has shown a brand called "Out" is excellent. A couple sources for this brand is Wal-Mart or Tractor Supply.
3. Small dogs and all cats need a harness as they have a tendency to slip out of a collar. If either a collar or harness is too large, inadequate, defective, etc. and the pet escapes, Operation Roger... Truckers Pet Transport, our volunteer drivers or staff will NOT be held responsible for its loss.
4. All larger dogs need a collar or size-appropriate harness. A leash made into a collar is not acceptable or advised.
5. All cats/kittens must travel with litter. We prefer the pine type of litter, not the gravel. However, check to see what the driver prefers. A litter pan of sufficient size must be provided the driver.
6. A size related crate is to be made available for all pets under 30 pounds. Any destruction to the driver's truck or personal items because a crate was not provided will be your responsibility to make restitution to our driver.
7. Weight appropriate leashes must be provided for dogs in particular.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Thanks SO much for the help everybody! Okay when should we contact Operation Roger? Should I email them about the situation or has that already been done? I will ask Bobby today for his vet records and the name of his vet and I will pay a visit there as well. I think I am familiar with vet certificates because I have always needed to get one for 4-H. I have a small crate I can put him in, but it’s cat size so if you have a bigger one you could bring to pick him up in, Lorraine, that would be better . I will run with him before giving him to you so he doesn’t bark in the car. ;)

Pam111

Thanks SO much for the help everybody! Okay when should we contact Operation Roger? Should I email them about the situation or has that already been done? I will ask Bobby today for his vet records and the name of his vet and I will pay a visit there as well. I think I am familiar with vet certificates because I have always needed to get one for 4-H. I have a small crate I can put him in, but it’s cat size so if you have a bigger one you could bring to pick him up in, Lorraine, that would be better . I will run with him before giving him to you so he doesn’t bark in the car. ;)
There's an application that needs to be filled out to request transport. I will do that after I know more details about what to put on it--like Romy's information.
Does he have the rabies tag on?

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Okay awesome. I just registered and took a look at the form, too. I’ll get the name of his vet today and all of that information. If you need any of my information just let me know. Yes, I believe he does have his rabies tag on… I will check today.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Good luck to everyone involved!

I'm too far south to help (unless you want to take a detour to Florida), but I will send lots of (((((GOOD VIBES))))) Leo's way to get to NY!

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Thanks everyone! :) Oh and Lorraine and Pam – he is terrified of men at first. Just have your husband sit down with some treats and Leo will be fine. But he will bark and run away at first.

Members online

No members online now.