People not cleaning up...

Fran27

We live in an apartment, and our back door opens up on a lawn. We have to cross it to go do laundry.

Well our new neighbors (moved in a month ago) don't clean up after their dogs, and now there's poop all over. I'm going to write a letter to the main office to complain, do you think they will do something about it? It really makes me mad! Now I have to try not to step in poop when I go do laundry, and we often do it when it's dark so good luck with that!!!

I hate people who have no respect!

DanL

sounds similar to what I posted a couple weeks ago. I'd go to the office and complain, if they are not cleaning up in a common area then I'm sure that's some kind of no no in the lease agreement. It's funny (in a sad way), but some people really don't think that allowing their dogs to do that is wrong.

Definitely complain. I'd approach them first though as going direct to the office may create ill-feeling. You could do it personally with a smile and they may well just start picking it up.

Saeleofu

Most definitely complain. Maybe being charged a fee to pick up the poop will get them motivated to do it themselves.

DanL

Definitely complain. I'd approach them first though as going direct to the office may create ill-feeling. You could do it personally with a smile and they may well just start picking it up.
I'd rather go to the office and put in the complaint- the office shouldn't be telling the people who complained about them. When you do it to their face, they know who it is and might take offense.

Lolas Dad

I'd rather go to the office and put in the complaint- the office shouldn't be telling the people who complained about them. When you do it to their face, they know who it is and might take offense.
I'd tell them about it and give them some doggie bags. Me telling people they should pick up after their own dogs does not offend me in the least and if they are offended by me telling them well then that is just to bad.

One time in the dog park I was on the small dog area noticed someones dog took a dump in the large dog area and they had a bag in their hand. They completely ignored picking it up. When they walked away from it I went over the big side stood right next to it and waved the dog owner over and pointed it out to her. She then picked it up.

Caught a neighbors dog taking a dump that he did not pick up so I picked it up in a plastic doggie bag and left it outside his door still in the bag. A few hours later he yells to me about it and said you could have talked to me about it which I told him I did talk to you about it a few weeks ago and I also pointed out the sign in the park and the doggie bags they provide.

He was probably offended but I sure wasn't and if I have to catch a neighbor's dog in the act and tell them straight to their face also I will.

Members online

No members online now.