2 un neutered dogs

luvmydogs

my neighbor wants to get another male dog, hers isnt neutered, now the one she wants to get isnt neutered either. will they get along? phoenix and the neighbors dog get along fine.

It really depends. Dogs that are not fixed are more likely to act aggressively, especially towards the same gender. Females tend to be more aggressive when they aren't spayed. I personally would not put two unneutered males together with an unspayed female. There's a good chance the two males would go nuts and hurt eachother.

showpug

luvmydogs said:
my neighbor wants to get another male dog, hers isnt neutered, now the one she wants to get isnt neutered either. will they get along? phoenix and the neighbors dog get along fine.
They may at first and then most likley they will not. It depends on age, socialization and breed...not a good idea if you ask me. Why don't people neuter their pets, it's really not that big of a deal :confused:

suzy_99

It really all depends on the dogs. We had 2 uneutured brothers who got along great, with only small dominance issues and we also had a neighbors uneutured male come over sometimes and they were also fine with him. It can work sometimes.

Athe

As mentioned it all depends on the dogs and their personalities. I have seen intact males get along beautifully even with an intact female around. I have seen an intact male try to kill an intact female but get along with other males. I have seen males that hate each other...etc etc.
You would really have to match personalities

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think it's just going to depend on the dog's personalities. I've seen two intact males get along better together than two neutered males.

Members online