So we didn't get picked.. and I didn't get pics.

Dekka

Just try me..
But the dock diving tryouts were fun. Dekka wanted to eat all the dogs at first. Then with some work at a distance she was fine (which is good as there were lots of loose dogs, they ran down the stairs to try to find another way in the pool)

She jumped beautifully 5 times, and waited in line for her turn like a star. Then the fellow who is chosing dogs says the next couple will be the ones that 'count' and he hadn't been watching the first few. (he said that in the beggining, IMO to make people more relaxed when their dogs said NO WAY) It was a very stimulating environment, strange carts, and cranes and other vehicles as people were setting up booths, and tanks and all sorts of things. There was a guy on a crane haning a banner from the ceiling almost over top of the pool.

Dekka was so cold she was just a bundle of vibrations. She ran up the stairs and crouched at the end of the dock (she has a very BC sort of crouch going on) I threw the stick and she looked like she really reallly wanted to jump in, but didn't. The fellow said give her a break and try again. I said I think she is cold. I warmed her up a bit and tried again. She said no. The guy was really nice. He said he was going to pick her for the show as there were looking for variety and she was small and cute and seemed very well behaved (not a complement often given to a JRT :D) But that he needed dogs that would jump in EVERY time. The whole time were are talking Dekka is staring intently at the pool shaking very hard. I thanked him and said that I think she found it too cold for repeated jumps, but that we had a great time and learned lots.

Dekka is still cold. I smuggled her into school, where I am now in one of the teacher's offices waiting for lab. (they said I can smuggle her up to lab so I can do my presentation)

Sorry about the pics, forgot my camera.

Poor wee little Dekka! Jack's just aren't meant to be wet AND cold. They don't have that subcutaneous fatty layer that water dogs like labs and retrievers have :( Hope she remembers the fun she had before she got cold so you guys can do it again . . . when the season is warmer :)

Paige

Let it be
Should of sent me intead. I'd jump off the dock regardless of the weather. I have a high tolerance for the cold. I went swimming in the ocean when it was snowing. I'm a tough little cookie.

Glad you had fun!

Dekka

Just try me..
LOL I ended up smuggling Dekka into lab. We had presentations and then were running our profiles though soft ware, so no chemicals were involved. Dekka lay in one of the lab chairs while I watched the presentations. Then lay at my feet while I presented, then back to the chair. I got so many comments about how cute and well behaved she was. My fave comment was "Ummm I thought Jack Russells were bad dogs?" I have been wanting to smuggle my dog in to school for kicks since I started, so it turned out to be a good say after all.

Paige

Let it be
Jacks? Bad dogs? How about usually owned by bad people?

From what I've gathered they are spirited. Bad seems to be going over board though.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Good girl, Dekka! =D

Dock diving seems like so much fun. I've been to a few events, but I just don't have the courage to bring Gonzo. Him + a billion Labs = bad news! He is NOT a fan. It sounds like Dekka was awesome... you HAVE TO take pictures next time!!!111!!

chanda

I hope they didnt catch a cold... did you take any pictures of them?

Members online

No members online now.