Portable Dog Crates Information Site

vckloong

I am a Beginner.. what is a dog crate?

Hi,

I am new in dogs and dog training. Could you please tell me what is a dog crate? Appreciate if you would tell me more about it as I am trying to learn about dogs as much as I can as I find the dogs are one of the most wonderful companion to have (only recently I discovered this after marrying a dog lover)... :lol-sign:

Hope to hear from you.

Maxy24

Could you please tell me what is a dog crate?
A dog crate is a cage that is either wire or plastic where the dog can sleep or spend time when he is unsupervised. They are useful to potty train dogs because a dog will not usually go the bathroom where he sleeps so he will not pee in the crate. That means when you cannot watch your dog (to catch him when he looks like he has to go to the bathroom) you crate him so he won't have an accident. The dog by no means lives in the crate, just goes there at night or when he cannot be watched. The dog still needs to have LOTS of play time and exercise and training and potty time as well as just time out of the crate with you.

For House Broken dogs then they are used just as a bed or "alone space" for the dog and are good for the dog to like so when he has to be caged at the vet or go in a crate for rehab after surgery he does not stress out. They are also one of the best ways to transport a dog in a car so having them used to it for car rides is a must.

Here's pictures:

and if you have any questions feel free to PM me or make a new thread asking them, I'm glad you've come here for information we can definitely help you out!

vckloong

How much are dog crates?

Thank you for your elaborate explanation on dog crates.

I will journal this in my blog at www.dogtrainster.com as part of my experience in learning about dogs and dog training.

May I know what are the pricing for such dog crates?

Thanks again in advance.:)

Maxy24

I'm not sure on prices since I've never actually bought one before but I'd guess they can start at like $35 for small crates and go way up into the $200 or more range for giant ones.

Members online

No members online now.